• Liked: 0
  • Soft hated: 0
    • View Profile
Letter
« on: March 08, 2007, 02:26:42 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Hey all,
    I just wrote this letter for Jill so that she can use it for her meeting. I printed it on my work letterhead. I'm going to drop it off this weekend. Anyone that wants to write you can use this a a jumping off point.

Dear Jill:

My husband and I just bought a house on Beach 87th Street in Rockaway two months ago. We are professionals who commute to Manhattan everey day. I am a Creative Director at an advertising agency in the city and my husband is an animator on a kidís show for Nick Jr.

We started coming to Rockaway a few years ago to surf. And met a lot of other surfers that I now call friends. We started  coming out here so much that we were asked to join a bungalow where we could store our boards and change out of our wetsuits and have a fresh shower after surfing. That turned into staying over at the bungalow when we knew there would be waves the next morning so we didnít have to drive to Rockaway before work (which we often did). Which turned into barbecues and hanging out with all the local people we met in Rockaway. So when the house we bought came up for sale we couldnít pass it up. We said yes even before looking at it twice.

But I never would have considered Rockaway unless there was a place to surf right down the street from us. Weíre in love with surfing and the healthy lifestyle it brings to us. We have met a community of people that helped us get our house and continue to support us and we in turn support the community around us.

As you probably know, surfing has become a very popular sport. And people like myself and husband have found out about Rockaway too. That means a lot more people in the water in the summer time. The break at 90th Street becomes over run with surfers. So opening an additional break at 86th Street would be a great relief to the already overcrowded surfing area.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Offline LotusB

• Wahine
    • Local (Gold)
    • Liked: 0
      • View Profile
    Re: Letter
    « Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 05:15:41 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • So I sent the letter off to Jill. I encourage you all to write and tell your story whether you are a bungalow renter or renter or whatever. Most of you haev been there longer than me so tell them how you feel so she can use it as ammunition.

Offline SeaCliff

• Administrator
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 775
    • Soft hated: 35
    • Captain GoodVibes
      • AOL Instant Messenger - SurfRxNY
      • Yahoo Instant Messenger - surfrxny
      • View Profile
      • NYNJSurf.com: Surf Information for LI and the Jersey Shore...
      • Email
    « Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 05:19:48 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Glad you sent it off, Lois...it's def time to follow up with Jill and LeRoy - summer's going to be here, and we need to resolve this NOW!
    Webmaster, NYNJSurf.com - Follow NYNJSurf on Instagram - click here ---> @NYNJSurf - Site Comments, questions or requests? Email me! [email protected]

Offline PoppaGB

• Site Photographer
    • Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 7
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 09:12:52 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I agree!  To rekindle the talks, I will contact her under the guise of scheduling event for this summer and just inquire if there's been any movement on issues from the initial meeting.  I'll add if there's anything else she needs from us right now.

Psycho

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 09:40:57 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Nice Job, Great letter. It describes the actual happenings. Its perfect lois.