Author Topic: bodyboarders  (Read 1515 times)

box

Re: bodyboarders
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 03:19:30 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down

• dakook everyone should know and obey the rules of etiquette whatever type of board they are on. i see a whole lot of people in the surf beach on surfboards who know the rules of etiquette and ignore them completely.

nasty YESYESYES fins should not be in surf zone, no fins in swim zone. 99% of the time the difference is super obvious. i'm shooting myself in the foot saying this but i'm stepping back and considering what is safe for all people, surferswimmerspongers alike

pefa mike stewart YES and don't ever forget dropknee king KAINOA MCGEE who crossed into competitive surfing (first comp from what i understand was him placing semifinals at a pipe event after a year standing...holla!!!) with much success and cheers from both communities. this board vs that board is stupid. its all surfing.

i don't know how to post video here but this link is to a classic steward mcgee clip at pipe (but turn your speakers off)

the 2nd wave is RIDICULOUS

« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 03:27:43 PM by box »

Offline RayG

• Hoon
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 189
    • Soft hated: 10
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 03:28:51 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down

• nasty YESYESYES fins should not be in surf zone, no fins in swim zone. 99% of the time the difference is super obvious. i'm shooting myself in the foot saying this but i'm stepping back and considering what is safe for all people, surferswimmerspongers alike

I think you mean Fins IN the zone, no fins- outside the zone?
    Sent from Coleco Vision NEC Zilog Z80A CPU

box

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 03:33:55 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • oh yeah...that's me typing too fast. fins in surf, no fins out.

Offline PSYCHO

• SFSC
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 25
    • Soft hated: 0
    • Just add water
      • View Profile
      • Earthmovers
    « Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 04:03:20 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down

• pefa mike stewart YES and don't ever forget dropknee king KAINOA MCGEE who crossed into competitive surfing (first comp from what i understand was him placing semifinals at a pipe event after a year standing...holla!!!) with much success and cheers from both communities. this board vs that board is stupid. its all surfing.

Yo & Jack the Rippa Lindholm, the OG of the DK. ;)

Offline skSURF

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 1
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 04:04:00 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • personally, and i believe I've heard others mention this, a discerning factor/criteria could be swim fins.

That's been the qualification atSmith RM and Jones for being allowed to go out to the sand bars fir years.
    Trust in the board.

Offline UNCLE!!

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 33
    • Soft hated: 2
    • local riff raff
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 06:28:33 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • There was a shortboarder guy with his girl who was on some form of sponge just asking to catch a board in the back of the head ... about 15 feet off the sticks.... She almost died at my hands like every time I tried to pull out f the stick's shorepound. I guess her boyfriend was trying to kill her.
    Foamies are the new black

Offline 2serene

• Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 0
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #21 on: July 06, 2007, 07:33:54 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down

• dakook everyone should know and obey the rules of etiquette whatever type of board they are on. i see a whole lot of people in the surf beach on surfboards who know the rules of etiquette and ignore them completely.

absolutely agree. for the record, im all for bodyboarders in the surf area (grew up riding one in pt. pleasant before i started to surf) & if you think about it, they have the best of both worlds - surf & swim beaches. i knew some beaches in nj that would have lifeguards on you in a second for bodyboarding in a surfing area.
    i mean the parks dept & lifeguards wil get anyone fast even if they are ankle deep on the shore. the difference i guess lies in how anyone conducts themselves in the water, people who are sharp to others riding around/near them, & those who dont give a fk one way or the other - even if it means THEM getting hurt.

Offline Luke_Nosewalker

• Local Access
    • Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 3
      • AOL Instant Messenger - Chuckrb7
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #22 on: July 06, 2007, 10:54:54 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down

• i don't know how to post video here but this link is to a classic steward mcgee clip at pipe (but turn your speakers off)

Drop knee is sick but at around 2:42 the bber just dropped in on someone about to get shacked... so it's okay to drop in?  Not a very good precedent for what is trying to be established at the surf beach, eh?
    4-(1-hydroxy-2-methylamino-ethyl)benzene-1,2-diol aka Adrenaline

Offline Wavy Gravy

• Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 0
    • Gravy, first initial W
      • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: July 07, 2007, 09:30:13 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Here is a really bad, bad evil bad thought....and I bet the City would love this approach.  You have to have a "permit" to go surf...like you need a permit to go play tennis and pay $100 for the priveledge.  Then will get the permit taken away for "breaking the rules." 

Or you can have a surf permit like a drivers permit...and have to pass a written and surfing test in order surf at the surf beach.

That will keep the kooks out of the water for sure.

PS: I hate waking up on the wrong side of the bed sometimes.
    "This wise clown of compassion is a genuine mahatma of the Cosmic Giggle."

box

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2007, 06:43:44 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down

• i don't know how to post video here but this link is to a classic steward mcgee clip at pipe (but turn your speakers off)

Drop knee is sick but at around 2:42 the bber just dropped in on someone about to get shacked... so it's okay to drop in?  Not a very good precedent for what is trying to be established at the surf beach, eh?

oh yeah kainoa dropping in on someone - sick barrel he got out of it. i mean that's totally not cool. equally not cool is the surfer dropping in on  stewart in the next clip immediately after. actually its twice as worse cuz stew is prone (going face first down a 56868 foot wave) and that guy coulda decapitated him.

dropping in is bad. so is fighting.

^ legendary kainoa fight

« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 06:50:38 PM by boxesque »