• Liked: 0
  • Soft hated: 0
  • big time!
    • View Profile
BBQS?
« on: May 27, 2008, 04:31:16 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • How were all the bbq's I missed because I was workin all weekend?
    Religion is for people who are afraid to go to hell. Spirituality is for people who been to hell and don't want to go back.

Offline Ya Motha!

• Local Hero (Platinum)
    • big time!
      • View Profile
    Re: BBQS?
    « Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 02:31:15 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Well I guess it left everyone speachless ;D
    Religion is for people who are afraid to go to hell. Spirituality is for people who been to hell and don't want to go back.

Offline Spindrift

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 3
    • Soft hated: 1
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 03:01:59 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Now that I work at nights, I haven't been to one in forever either. Then again, I haven't really been invited to any either.  ;D

Offline Ya Motha!

• Local Hero (Platinum)
    • big time!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 03:14:10 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Now that I work at nights, I haven't been to one in forever either. Then again, I haven't really been invited to any either.  ;D
    Invited? Just walk around and follow the charcoal smell. Tell em your a distant cousin or somethin' or just look hungry. ;D

Offline frroK

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 17
      • AOL Instant Messenger - frrok
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 05:17:41 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • there was only 1 and it was fun....  AJ, I dont think anyone would tell you to leave if you showd up.  If you know you know if ya dont....well......ya dont!

Offline Ya Motha!

• Local Hero (Platinum)
    • big time!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 05:53:48 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • there was only 1 and it was fun....  AJ, I dont think anyone would tell you to leave if you showd up.  If you know you know if ya dont....well......ya dont!
    Yeah Mofo! I found out from BJ way too late. You don't tell nobody nothin no more.

Offline TropicalCreations

• Local Hero (Platinum)
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 09:55:17 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • The BBQ was going all weekend at my place in LB. Communil BBQ's and free charcoal kick ass!!

Offline PSYCHO

• SFSC
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 25
    • Just add water
      • View Profile
      • Earthmovers
    « Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 10:23:19 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Yo AJ, hangin out for things other then just surf also helps finding out about parties & BBQ's bro. Make friends, chill, hang out. too many peopel from places like manhattan come & use the beach to surf, then leave. they dont seem to have any interest in anything other then what they need & then they take & leave. You dont have to live there to be part of the community. Enjoy some friendship. ;) Thats what allota dfd's dont get.

• Local Hero (Platinum)
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 12:05:50 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Yo AJ, hangin out for things other then just surf also helps finding out about parties & BBQ's bro. Make friends, chill, hang out. too many peopel from places like manhattan come & use the beach to surf, then leave. they dont seem to have any interest in anything other then what they need & then they take & leave. You dont have to live there to be part of the community. Enjoy some friendship. ;) Thats what allota dfd's dont get.
    Agreed, Rock has a pretty tight crew compared to other more spread out islands, definitly hang to get in with the crew.

Offline PSYCHO

• SFSC
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Just add water
      • View Profile
      • Earthmovers
    « Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 12:50:20 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Yeah it doesnt take much, Just hang, talk, drink a beer or soda, stuff you belly, luagh (At me usually) but its really easy. We're all right inside a neighborhood that isnt exactly filled with bars & night clubs & outside of our hearts, there isnt a surf culture to speak of if you look further then the 90th st, shoreline. We make our own. Everyone is welcome to hang with anyone, no one fights, no one starst trouble, its all stoke at every BBQ with great personalities from everywhere on the planet.

TC you know your welcome at my pad anytime. Same with you AJ.

• Local Hero (Platinum)
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 01:25:02 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Yeah it doesnt take much, Just hang, talk, drink a beer or soda, stuff you belly, luagh (At me usually) but its really easy. We're all right inside a neighborhood that isnt exactly filled with bars & night clubs & outside of our hearts, there isnt a surf culture to speak of if you look further then the 90th st, shoreline. We make our own. Everyone is welcome to hang with anyone, no one fights, no one starst trouble, its all stoke at every BBQ with great personalities from everywhere on the planet.

TC you know your welcome at my pad anytime. Same with you AJ.

I will swing by one of these days, and the offer in vice verse to the east!!

Offline Spindrift

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 3
    • Soft hated: 1
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 05:02:46 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • The only reason I haven't been hangin' out is because I've been workin' at night. You know I used to be there to hang all the time.

Offline Ya Motha!

• Local Hero (Platinum)
    • big time!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 05:54:58 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • How come people don't party on the beach in the R*ck? Like they did in those 80's movies in California? Do you think the cops would f*ck with us in the B60's or B70's? Jetty Party would be awesome and dangerous,

Offline PSYCHO

• SFSC
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Just add water
      • View Profile
      • Earthmovers
    « Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 10:01:14 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • yes, they eff with us for any little thing. Its now illegal to be on the sand after dark & the cops have been enforcing that here & there & can ticket you or arrest you for drinking on the beach. I know allota folks who got open container tickets durring the day durring beach hours but when the beach is closed you'll get in trouble for that & there are no fires allowed anymore. I think its becuase of the abuse of drinking & fires from years ago they changed the rules. Its illegal.

• Local Hero (Platinum)
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 10:35:53 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • yes, they eff with us for any little thing. Its now illegal to be on the sand after dark & the cops have been enforcing that here & there & can ticket you or arrest you for drinking on the beach. I know allota folks who got open container tickets durring the day durring beach hours but when the beach is closed you'll get in trouble for that & there are no fires allowed anymore. I think its becuase of the abuse of drinking & fires from years ago they changed the rules. Its illegal.

How awsome would a real deal beach party be....

We get to have a party on the beach after the fireworks at Jones on the 4th, its the only day of the year we are allowed. Always a great time, people always get naked and hit the ocean...

You think the cops are bad in Rock, LB is like SS in WW2. I got some sick sick fireworks in PA a couple weeks ago. Last weekend (welllll into the night) I ran down front and burried my morter tube in the sand an unloaded a couple shells (which arent loud and are beautiful) literly within 30 seconds a flood light was shinning onto the beach (I ducked out just in time) I havent been bother (yet) fishing though...