Author Topic: ANYONE AVAILABLE FOR AN ORGANIZATIONAL MEETING TONIGHT OR TOMORROW??  (Read 1153 times)

Offline pefa

• Local Access
  • Local (Gold)
  • Liked: 0
  • Soft hated: 0
  • ALOHA
    • View Profile
SORRY FOR THE SHORT NOTICE, BUT ITS REALLY NOT, AS I'VE TRIED TO GET SOMETHING TOGETHER FOR THE LAST WEEK NOW, BUT TOMORROW IS A POTENTIALLY BIG MEETING, AND I THINK WE SHOULD GET TOGETHER FIRST.
PEOPLE OFF THE BOARD FROM THE COMM. CAN HOPEFULLY BE THERE AS I'VE SPOKEN W/ A FEW, AS WELL AS PEOPS LIKE MARIO, TAT2 ADAM, 2WORDS, SNS, AND NCWO (OOPS STILL IN DISNEY), ETC, SHOULD BE HEARD AS THEY & OTHERS OWN PROPS AND/OR ARE RAISING FAMILIES HERE, AND HAVE THE MOST HISTORY AND POSSIBLY THE MOST INSIGHT AS FOR THE BEST/ MOST FEASABLE OPTIONS (IF ANY), ETC.........
OTHERWISE, I PLAN ON GOING TO THE MEETING STAYING MORE OR LESS SILENT AND LISTENING TO WHATS BEING SAID.......  THAT IS ALL

TIME TO SHIIT OR GET OFF THE POT AND THERE IS NOTHING MORE TO POST THAT WON'T BE TAKING US IN MORE CIRCLES AND WAISITNG MORE TIME AND POSSIBLY DOING A WHOLE HELL OF A LOTTA DAMAGE.....

MY 2CENTS......

ANY THOUGHTS/ PLANS?????

ANY THOUGHTS???

Offline pefa

• Local Access
  • Local (Gold)
  • ALOHA
    • View Profile
Re: ANYONE AVAILABLE FOR AN ORGANIZATIONAL MEETING TONIGHT OR TOMORROW??
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 12:23:54 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • i'll be offline most of the pm, so if anyone needs me, give a bizzle on da (91-sizzle)........
    LIVE   ALOHA

Offline 1s

• Regular (Silver)
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 06:05:58 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • A FEW, AS WELL AS PEOPS LIKE MARIO, TAT2 ADAM, SNS, AND NCWO (OOPS STILL IN DISNEY), ETC, SHOULD BE HEARD AS THEY OWN PROPS AND ARE RAISING FAMILIES HERE, AND HAVE THE MOST HISTORY AND POSSIBLY THE MOST INSIGHT AS FOR THE BEST/ MOST FEASABLE OPTIONS (IF ANY), ETC.........
    OTHERWISE, I PLAN ON GOING TO THE MEETING STAYING MORE OR LESS SILENT AND LISTENING TO WHATS BEING SAID.......  THAT IS ALL

TIME TO SHIIT OR GET OFF THE POT AND THERE IS NOTHING MORE TO POST THAT WON'T BE TAKING US IN MORE CIRCLES AND WAISITNG MORE TIME AND POSSIBLY DOING A WHOLE HELL OF A LOTTA DAMAGE.....

MY 2CENTS......

ANY THOUGHTS/ PLANS?????

ANY THOUGHTS???

There are a lot of surfers from the community who are familiar with what has happened over the decades, most don't surf there anymore. It's the same ol' thing. The Parks Dept. comes down hard on everyone, then as the weather gets hotter they lighten up and eventually disappear. Now that surfing is not illegal, why complain? Just get 'em to keep swimmers out of the surf area from 10am to 6pm and let surfers surf any beach from 10am to 6pm that doesn't have a lifeguard, keep 90th St. for surfing from 10am to 6pm. Also, get the Parks Dept. to start giving tickets to litterbugs, and dog crap depositors.  8)

Swimming after hours would mean lifeguards, more people, more restriction, unless they kept every 5th beach open (something live that) after 6pm, and let surfers surf all beaches where there is no lifeguard on duty.

Offline UNCLE!!

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 33
    • Soft hated: 2
    • local riff raff
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 07:03:13 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I'm there, prolly AnkleSlapper as well. Tomorrow night at what time??
    Foamies are the new black

Offline pefa

• Local Access
    • Local (Gold)
    • ALOHA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 07:06:53 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • man, im getting sick of this..... (and i don't mean to come down on you 1s, just venting.....)
    i never mentioned anything specific, either swimming, acess or legal, etc.....
    but i agree w/ what your sayin, and bottom line is we still got it pretty good, i love it here, and if you actually read through what i've consistantly wrote and said from the get go I AINT COMPLAINING about anything, or anything your talking about for that matter.......
    i still stand by what i said- people arn't really reading before writing, kinda like talking before listening- doesn't make much sense and here are the results.
    last time im sayin it:

my focus from the get go really has nothing to do with anything more than trying to bring the community together (as enough people have expressed enough interest in in the past) if they're interested, and hear what most peops have to say, and learn from one another. those regs/laws that were posted were a great example of how we can all benefit from working together and knowing our shiit better.
    as things progressed and issues where raised, i was still, and remain in favor of not rocking the boat or opening any kind of hornets nest by going and complaining to anyone or asking for anything off the bat.i've never been in favor of approaching anyone or bringing up any issues to anyone other than ourselves to work on for now.
    i really wish more people read everything in the threads before they go on repeating the same stuff that has been said in one way or another for days now. if anyone goes back and reads through thesae threads and thinks back to the meeting we had, the redundancy and circling is getting pathetic, and i'm done with it
    as of now, i guess i'm more for sitting back and letting what happens happens.
    the bottom line is i still love it here, we got it pretty good, and i hope no one f's it up.  things can get much better, and there are plenty of good model beach communities, etc. to use as examples.
    anyone still wanna get together i'm down......
    LIVE   ALOHA

Offline pefa

• Local Access
    • Local (Gold)
    • ALOHA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 07:13:27 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • sorry colo, was ranting while you posted.....
    im still down for anything tonight & this is what was posted, publisized (don't know how??) & surfrider sent out about
    tomorrow night:

You Are Invited!

Community Listening Sessions
    Regarding Future Plans for the Rockaways

Wednesday, June 27, 2007
    7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Peninsula Hospital
    Meditation Room
    51-15 Beach Channel Drive.
    Rockaway, NY 11691

RSVP at 718-318-4000 or
    [email protected]