Author Topic: Major Ear/Ear Plug Problems  (Read 470 times)

Offline ChrisInRock

• Liked: 0
  • Soft hated: 0
  • Mac OS X 10.9.2 Mac OS X 10.9.2
  • Browser:
  • Safari 7.0.2 Safari 7.0.2
    • View Profile
    • Email
Major Ear/Ear Plug Problems
« on: April 18, 2014, 12:03:55 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I'm a past Rockaway/NYNJsurf guy who recently moved to LA but hope my old friends in NY/NJ can help save me from surf-debilitating ear problems.

I'm in Cabo right now . . . waves are great but I was sidelined after the first three days with a ruptured ear drum and middle ear infections in both ears.

I've tried to wear ear plugs for years (mostly the Docs plugs) but I always lose them in a session or at most two even though I've had them fitted by folks at the shops where I've bought them.

Are their better fitting plugs? Or plugs that come with a lanyard long and strong enough to affix to my wet suit?

Afraid the surfers-ear & related infections will get so bad that I'll be forced to give up surfing (and all my other water sports). Hopefully someone has some good ideas for me.

Thanks,
    Chris

Offline nydubstar

• Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 46
    • Soft hated: 1
    • Mac OS X 10.7.5 Mac OS X 10.7.5
    • Browser:
    • Safari 5.1.7 Safari 5.1.7
      • View Profile
    Re: Major Ear/Ear Plug Problems
    « Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 08:17:27 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • mack's are more cost-effective and the silicone material allows you to tailor the size to fit each ear...no worries if you lose one, as they are cheap...change them frequently if you feel they work better when newer (stickier)...no leash, just keep an extra in your trunks or wetsuit sleeve