Author Topic: Help Wanted Wanted  (Read 1284 times)

I dont surf at rock

Re: Help Wanted Wanted
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2006, 08:31:01 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Im actually thinking about going to law school, just I dont want the stigma of actually being a lawyer, hofstra has a pretty good program that allows you to get an MBA and a JD in 4 years

and why do you need to be a lawyer to start a charter company? I started one last month, all you need is a boat, a license, and some start up cash

Offline Northstreet

• Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 71
    • Soft hated: 3
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 08:38:10 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • cool thread! 

My only regrets about my current job and the years I spent in grad school is that I racked up alot of debt along the way....be careful about that......I don't regret having time to travel and not be seriously tied down to a 9-5 job until now....

...even if you go to law school, you don't have to end up as stereotypical asshole lawyer...there are other career paths for lawyers at agencies and government....and it's worthwhile even if you don't practice.....

Now, a philosophy major might not seem like a ticket to a real job, but you would be surprised....I've done pretty well with a degree in anthropology.....

Offline Tom!

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 0
    • Soft hated: 0
    • Airborne!
      • AOL Instant Messenger - tomnqs
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 11:30:13 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Im actually thinking about going to law school, just I dont want the stigma of actually being a lawyer, hofstra has a pretty good program that allows you to get an MBA and a JD in 4 years

and why do you need to be a lawyer to start a charter company? I started one last month, all you need is a boat, a license, and some start up cash
    I looked into these joint MBAs.  What side are you leaning towards?  Practicing law with a business backgorund or the other way around?  Hofstra wouldnt make my list for joint programs, much better ones out there in the NYC area.
    Rock on Sisyphus. See you on the hill.

I dont surf at rock

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2006, 01:32:44 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • the whole plan is to go into the family business and be a businessman with a law degree, Ill probably be focusing on mergers and aquisitions

Offline Cheap Floozy

• SFSC
    • Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 0
    • Soft hated: 0
    • "He who laughs last didn't get it." - annonymous
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: May 18, 2006, 09:24:03 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • ...I find it easier to be a corporate whore.  But that's just me.  And I like easy.
    A penny saved is ridiculous.