Author Topic: Oct 12th  (Read 1214 times)

Offline little_nasty

• Administrator
  • Local Hero (Platinum)
  • Liked: 29
  • Soft hated: 1
    • View Profile
Oct 12th
« on: October 11, 2006, 10:23:48 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • how worth it is DP tomorrow?....Ive been checkin out stuff religiously the last two days and I am wondering if I should DP b4 work tomorrow.  I know its not anything major but I need my fix!!  TC - what do ya think?   looks like LN is on hiatus....

-I dont want a handout just a yay or nay....
    thx

hey frrok,  sorry to you and to all for going dark on ya with the forecasts this week.  The reason is threefold.  First, my best friend is getting married this weekend and somehow i've got lots of stuff and a big to-do list.  I also have meetings next week about a new job (that seems to be going round a lot lately) for which i have to really really prepare.  Second, as many of you probably know noaa's wave site is down.  Normally this wouldn't be a problem, except that i was too busy to update for a few days.  So i'd have to go back and re-initialize the program with the archived input files and run it through all the cycles to get up to date, and honestly, i just don't have the time or inclination right now.  And third, part of the reason i was behind/hadn't posted in a few days is that i'm changing the forecast a bit.  I'll discuss it more later.  Probably won't be able to catch the model up until next week, maybe monday or tuesday.  Until then i can tell you that wind doesn't look offshore on the island until friday, but tomorrow in jersey looks to be 11-13kt SW sideshores becoming dmnshg 15-12kt WSW to W offshores mid-morning and stays offshore through the weekend.

Offline Mims

• Wahine
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 9
    • A Woman Amongst Men
      • View Profile
    Re: Oct 12th
    « Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 12:05:46 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down

• Offline Notch

• Local Access
    • Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 0
    • Soft hated: 0
      • AOL Instant Messenger - patholian516
      • Yahoo Instant Messenger - patholian
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 11:19:54 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • that cartoon is awsome

Offline frroK

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 17
      • AOL Instant Messenger - frrok
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 12:12:18 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • how worth it is DP tomorrow?....Ive been checkin out stuff religiously the last two days and I am wondering if I should DP b4 work tomorrow.  I know its not anything major but I need my fix!!  TC - what do ya think?   looks like LN is on hiatus....

-I dont want a handout just a yay or nay....
    thx

hey frrok,  sorry to you and to all for going dark on ya with the forecasts this week.  The reason is threefold.  First, my best friend is getting married this weekend and somehow i've got lots of stuff and a big to-do list.  I also have meetings next week about a new job (that seems to be going round a lot lately) for which i have to really really prepare.  Second, as many of you probably know noaa's wave site is down.  Normally this wouldn't be a problem, except that i was too busy to update for a few days.  So i'd have to go back and re-initialize the program with the archived input files and run it through all the cycles to get up to date, and honestly, i just don't have the time or inclination right now.  And third, part of the reason i was behind/hadn't posted in a few days is that i'm changing the forecast a bit.  I'll discuss it more later.  Probably won't be able to catch the model up until next week, maybe monday or tuesday.  Until then i can tell you that wind doesn't look offshore on the island until friday, but tomorrow in jersey looks to be 11-13kt SW sideshores becoming dmnshg 15-12kt WSW to W offshores mid-morning and stays offshore through the weekend.

awwwww duuude!! NO WORRIES...not even a bit!  we know you have a life besides the forcast on NYNJ!!! haha....I  appreciate the time and energy you put in to the forcast, we all do.  Hey if this means your making it better thats cool!  the one thing I like about your forcast that is always dead on, is the best bets on the bottom. It helps me plan out my seshhies!!!!  thanks again Brah!(haha whatched dog the bounty hunter alst night ...sorry)  ;D

Offline foam

• Forecast Subscriber
    • Semi-Regular (Bronze)
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 12:40:35 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Its funny how we all know (sort of) whether or not there will be waves,  but even so the amount of times I've been skunked after trying to do my own numbers still suprises me.  I feel a little panicky without the LN's comforting colorful charts and numbers.   Good luck with the job LN!

Offline ward_hill

• Local Access
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 11:33:52 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • appreciate all the work LN, have fun at the wedding and good luck on the interview!

Offline Igotsoul4u

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 7
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 01:11:27 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Its funny how we all know (sort of) whether or not there will be waves,  but even so the amount of times I've been skunked after trying to do my own numbers still suprises me.  I feel a little panicky without the LN's comforting colorful charts and numbers.   Good luck with the job LN!

yes. you are owed many beers upon beers upon beers. 

Offline srilanka

• Local Access
    • Regular (Silver)
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 11:51:17 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • im so dissapointed!

haha not really, good luck on the job interview and many thanks from a loyal fan of the forecast.