Author Topic: Designing the Butterfly Garden  (Read 1456 times)

Offline joyceaxiu

• Liked: 0
  • Soft hated: 0
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 12.0 Firefox 12.0
    • View Profile
Designing the Butterfly Garden
« on: October 22, 2013, 02:49:07 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • When allotment your plants for your home butterfly garden, use beyond plants such as Hibiscus and Butterfly Bush for the aback of the garden bed. Add taller abiding flowers such as daylilies, Echinacea and Cardinal anniversary in front, with low-growing perennials such as phlox and achillea as the foreground border. Perennials blossom during a specific season, so burying a few anniversary flowers that allure collywobbles including zinnia not alone keeps ablaze blush blooming throughout the growing season, but offers collywobbles nectar, too. Native plants or plants that acquired in your breadth generally accommodate bounded butterfly breed with absolutely what they charge for food, apartment and offspring; they acquired together, and abutment one another.

Don't overlook the host plants. Each butterfly breed relies aloft a altered host bulb for food. Parsley, mint, and butterfly edger are just a few host plants collywobbles love. Including a few in the butterfly garden says "welcome" to collywobbles and encourages them to linger, lay eggs, and aftermath added butterflies.

Nurturing collywobbles by accouterment them with a home butterfly Backyard Gardens is added than just a fun agronomical exercises. As accustomed habitats for collywobbles abate in burghal areas, the added home gardeners can accommodate food, apartment and host plants for butterflies, the added we can abutment these admirable insects.
    « Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:14:13 PM by SeaCliff, Reason: removed backlink »

Offline HydroGlide

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 133
    • Soft hated: 6
    • Windows XP Windows XP
    • Browser:
    • Chrome 30.0.1599.101 Chrome 30.0.1599.101
      • View Profile
    Re: Designing the Butterfly Garden
    « Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 02:47:51 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • i think collywobble love is an old Ted Nugent song

Offline carmenblanco

• Liked: 0
    • Soft hated: 0
    • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
    • Browser:
    • Firefox 26.0 Firefox 26.0
      • View Profile
    Re: Designing the Butterfly Garden
    « Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 12:49:45 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I really appreciate this post. I know it is a bit off topic compared to most of what is found on here, but for me it has been very useful. I moved into a place about 5 years ago and there was a butterfly bush in the backyard. I have grown very fond of the bush, even if it is a real pain in the neck to mow around in the summer months. I have seen countless butterflies when the plant blooms. I love taking the time with my daughter to watch as they eat the flowers and buzz all over. I have even had the gift of a few bird nests, as well as the ability to see a few baby birds fly for the first time from it. I intend on growing more plants this coming year that attract butterflies and this was a great start. Thanks for the post!