Author Topic: The Inlet  (Read 971 times)

Offline Crackie Onassis

• Local Access
  • Local Hero (Platinum)
  • Liked: 206
  • Soft hated: 13
  • Are you down with the people?
    • View Profile
The Inlet
« on: April 14, 2007, 10:33:36 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • What happened to that spot, it seems like the rip next to the rox keeps growing and growing, and all you're left with is this soupy sh*t, and a semi-closey wave off the sandbar in the middle. Mabe it is the season, but I got up early yesterday and was bummed (surfed up the street from my family compound).

Kinda sux cuz I wanted my wife to experience the Inlet in good conditions.
    So heavy you can't even pick it up.

Offline Harry Balzsac

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 169
    • Soft hated: 2
      • View Profile
    Re: The Inlet
    « Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 11:50:35 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I haven't surfed there in a long time, but it could have been the swell direction.  On a SE swell, the inlet is the place, yesterday's swell had a lot of east in it.   That probably pushes a lot of water up against the jetty, widening the rip some.  There hasn't been much in the way of swell this winter, either, so who knows what kind of shape the bar is in.

Offline little_nasty

• Administrator
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 22
    • Soft hated: 1
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 12:16:33 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • We were there a few weeks ago with seacliff and onefin and it was working pretty well.  Looked about the same to me although the middle peak wasn't working too well.  I tell ya the half jetty right next door was throwing nice A frames all day.  I don't know why i chose to hack around on the peak with everyone else.  Oh yea, and i snapped my everyday board like a kook.  Anyway, seems like there may be a little sand missing in there, since it usually walls up a little better, but the bowly inside peak is still working well last i saw.  Maybe you just caught her on a bad day.  As you know, SE swell can sometimes wrap in there funny.

Offline SeaCliff

• Administrator
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 774
    • Soft hated: 35
    • Captain GoodVibes
      • AOL Instant Messenger - SurfRxNY
      • Yahoo Instant Messenger - surfrxny
      • View Profile
      • NYNJSurf.com: Surf Information for LI and the Jersey Shore...
      • Email
    « Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 06:10:15 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • We were there a few weeks ago with seacliff and onefin and it was working pretty well.  Looked about the same to me although the middle peak wasn't working too well.  I tell ya the half jetty right next door was throwing nice A frames all day.  I don't know why i chose to hack around on the peak with everyone else.  Oh yea, and i snapped my everyday board like a kook.  Anyway, seems like there may be a little sand missing in there, since it usually walls up a little better, but the bowly inside peak is still working well last i saw.  Maybe you just caught her on a bad day.  As you know, SE swell can sometimes wrap in there funny.

It was working pretty well that day, in spite of honking offshores - onefin had a couple of notable rides for sure. Have to say, I enjoyed the rip out along the jetty very much - and yeah, the place next door was tossing waves worthy of magazine covers that day, at least thats what they looked like from a distance.
    Webmaster, NYNJSurf.com - Follow NYNJSurf on Instagram - click here ---> @NYNJSurf - Site Comments, questions or requests? Email me! [email protected]

Offline Crackie Onassis

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 206
    • Soft hated: 13
    • Are you down with the people?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 06:40:05 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I was expecting similar conditions, especially when I saw the ankle-slappers breaking in The Cove.
    Never cleaned up on Thurs evening for us. Even my sister's break was VAS. Fri morning was sizeable, but dropped fast (LN, you had this one pegged).

DP in the Warzone and it was gone by 8AM.
    So heavy you can't even pick it up.