Author Topic: Jersey Shore Surfrider stokefest  (Read 1319 times)

Offline JerseyJen

• Local (Gold)
  • Liked: 0
  • Soft hated: 0
  • Glassy Lady
    • View Profile
    • Email
Jersey Shore Surfrider stokefest
« on: April 13, 2007, 12:35:02 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • 2007 Stokefest
    Friday, April 20, 8pm to whenever - Labrador Lounge, Route 35N, Normandy Beach, NJ

I've not been to the Labrador Lounge yet, but I'm a fan of the owners place in Asbury, Market in the Middle. I'm gonna do my best to make it out for this, should be tasty and for a good cause!
    anyone else in?
    If there is magic on the planet, it is contained in the water.--Loren Eisley

Offline DukeStorm

• Local Access
    • Local (Gold)
    • Liked: 9
    • Soft hated: 1
      • View Profile
      • Email
    Re: Jersey Shore Surfrider stokefest
    « Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 09:54:24 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • 2007 Stokefest
    Friday, April 20, 8pm to whenever - Labrador Lounge, Route 35N, Normandy Beach, NJ

I've not been to the Labrador Lounge yet, but I'm a fan of the owners place in Asbury, Market in the Middle. I'm gonna do my best to make it out for this, should be tasty and for a good cause!
    anyone else in?

Bryce and I will be there too, Jen. Marilyn is a great person so I'm really looking forward to it. I'll be coming back from some business meetings in S. Jersey, so I don't know how long I'll be able to hang...gonna be a rough couple of days...

Offline JerseyJen

• Local (Gold)
    • Glassy Lady
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 10:07:50 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Cool! I'll probably be hanging with Shenaz.. She and I are both getting over being real sick, so we'll probably be the squares drinking Shirely Temples. I've got shoulder length dark hair and a tattoo of bombs around my left wrist...come say hi!

Offline DukeStorm

• Local Access
    • Local (Gold)
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 10:55:48 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • will do Jen, thanks. I haven't seen Shenaz in like a million years so it will be really fun to just catch up with everyone.

I'll be the semi stumpy, balding Italion guy next to Bryce!!

Offline suspectdevice

• Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 1
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 01:06:59 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Enjoy guys, Lab Lounge is killer.  I can't make it, my son has hockey games.  I'm sure Marilyn will have some good eats.

Offline JerseyJen

• Local (Gold)
    • Glassy Lady
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 10:17:10 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I'm not sure if I am going to make it tonight now.
    I just came from the Dr's office, we're waiting for the results of the culture to come back, but she thinks I probably have strep. 

Since I have not surfed since last Fri, have missed so much good swell, and like people enough not to bring my cooties upon them I'll likely be in my PJ's marinating in self-pity instead.

Offline DukeStorm

• Local Access
    • Local (Gold)
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 08:10:50 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I'm not sure if I am going to make it tonight now.
    I just came from the Dr's office, we're waiting for the results of the culture to come back, but she thinks I probably have strep. 

Since I have not surfed since last Fri, have missed so much good swell, and like people enough not to bring my cooties upon them I'll likely be in my PJ's marinating in self-pity instead.

well we missed ya Jen...I did get a chance to catch up with Shenaz, which was cool.

Offline JerseyJen

• Local (Gold)
    • Glassy Lady
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 01:42:40 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Yeah, I didn't marinate too long.
    I went out and had a pretty fun solo-sesh at what's usually a very crowded break before going home and snuggling up in my PJ's.

I rode one into the shorebreak, got dumped and my board rebounded in the shorebreak and cracked me in the face. Unfortunately, it was my heavy single-fin log. I had to go to a wedding the next day, and let me tell ya...you wear a new red dress, no one's gonna notice that fat lip you've got.