Author Topic: Game on this afternoon?  (Read 1970 times)

Offline JerseyJen

• Local (Gold)
  • Liked: 0
  • Soft hated: 0
  • Glassy Lady
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Game on this afternoon?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 12:22:46 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • ahh i follow.  and i thought you were driving in.

no way man, i am all about the train.
    a girls gotta sleep sometime.
    If there is magic on the planet, it is contained in the water.--Loren Eisley

Dave_in_NJ

Re: Game on this afternoon?
    « Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 10:27:46 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
    i wondering - do you find that geographically closer-to-the-city breaks are actually closer in terms of time?  It never seem to work out that way for me.  Anything from PPB north seems to take me the same amount of time.  Just curious.

if you are taking the GSP from any point north of the Driscoll bridge then you are just as better off time-wise if you get off at any point south of exit 105  then if you get off at the Sandy Hook exit.

Rt. 36 even with no traffic, which is pretty much never, is so ridden with traffic lights it will slow you down considerably. Its a 30+ minute drive no matter what. That same 30 minutes in normal non-summer weekend GSP traffic gtets you to at least neptune and includes the short hop on rt 33 that gets you to bradley/belmar.

And also consider then even when you get to the Hook after your 30 minute minimum on 36, you still got at least 10 minutes driving just to get to Long Branch. I always tell people coming from points north - Long Branch, Deal etc. is not worth it - cleaner water, shorter drive time, easier parking and better waves down south.