Author Topic: Tufflite---  (Read 2323 times)

Jake

Re: Tufflite---
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2005, 07:59:46 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • that would b called sitting family dog...

Offline surfnli

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 17
    • Soft hated: 2
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: August 28, 2005, 10:23:48 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • get a custom epoxy, and get it glassed heavy.  that'll make up the weight, and also make it bulletproof.  did i mention epoxy strengthens with age?

My buddy had a Point Blanks Patagonia (hand layed epoxy) that weighed a TON.  That thing was a freaking boston wailer disguised as a shortboard.  I think it was glassed so you could hide behind it in a firefight.  Eventually, he bailed on a wave and the center fin came down and sliced his foot in half between his toes.  In Nico.  He had to ride a long way through the jungle in the back of a pickup truck to the hospital where they sewed it back together. 

I'll stick with a light board, thank you very much...

what was the glass on it?  a heavily glassed epoxy is still a very light board.  you should be able to go 6x6 and 6 epoxy and have it lighter than a 4x4 and 4 pu/pe same shape blank etc.

Offline frroK

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 17
    • Soft hated: 0
      • AOL Instant Messenger - frrok
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: August 29, 2005, 12:52:15 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • impossible to get into waves in winds over 10KTs. light board gets caught up in the wind.

NOT TRUE...I REPEAT NOT TRUE>>>  Just becaus eyou have one bad sesh on an epoxy doesn mean that they suck in offshores....I rode my barney in howling 20knot offshores and eas getting waves in the box from jetty to jetty...its fvcking bullshiot...all chips are light...wtf?

Offline tufflite

• Liked: 0
    • Soft hated: 0
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #18 on: September 12, 2005, 01:04:20 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • great boards, I got a 6-0 flyer that I ride in once the swell picks up...like next weekend.  Anyway, def. get one Ventura Local, you'll love how fast they are and how light they are.