Author Topic: fcs plug  (Read 910 times)

Offline moses_is_crowded

• Local Access
  • Regular (Silver)
  • Liked: 3
  • Soft hated: 1
    • View Profile
fcs plug
« on: July 29, 2005, 05:21:59 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • my  fcs plug got ripped out of the glaas of my board along with my fin......any way to fix this without the help of a shop....details would be great...or if anyone close by knows how and wants a buck or two let me know.  thanks

Offline lisurfer16

• Liked: 0
    • Soft hated: 0
      • View Profile
    Re: fcs plug
    « Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 11:27:53 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • measure the size of the fcs plug. Find a holesaw bit for your your drill and drill out the plug. If the plug isnt broken soak it in acetone to get all the resin and q-cell off of it. sand the inside of where the plug is going to go and put the plug in place with a fin in it to keep it straight.supposedly you can from there just squirt a q-cell resin mixture around it once its in place. Might be better off filling the void a 1/4 of the way and sinking the plug to make sure u have a good bond. Should be too bad at all.

Offline UNCLE!!

• Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 33
    • Soft hated: 2
    • local riff raff
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 03:10:32 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I wouldn't soak your plug in Acetone.  Use 60 grit sand paper to get the old Filler and such off of it. Acetone isn't going to remove cured resin.   
    Foamies are the new black

TIM.........The Enchanter

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 08:31:42 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Get a new plug. 5 bucks in any surf shop.  Y?  Cause its is longer. It also has clips on the top to help in positioning correctly.* AND adhesive foam to surround it as it was originally.  Just make sure to get the right plug. Left, right or center. 

TIM

*you will need to sand it down. But thats a good thing.