NYNJSurf.com Forums - Surfing NY NJ! New Jersey Surf and New York Surf Message Board Community Forums

General New Jersey Surf and New York Surf Discussion Forums => Main Room - General New York Surf and New Jersey Surf Discussions => Topic started by: potrillo on July 17, 2014, 02:37:02 PM

Title: Personal Review/Experience with Natures Shapes
Post by: potrillo on July 17, 2014, 02:37:02 PM
Experience with Natures Shapes:
Mike Becker was great to work with. He's a genuinely nice guy, has great customer service and makes a great board.
Title: Re: Personal Review: Faktion Surfboards vs Natures Shapes
Post by: The Lone Surfer on July 17, 2014, 03:06:17 PM
Oh lord.

Mark has shaped many a board for me. Every time was a good experience, he was professional and quick. And the boards were top quality
Post by: waveslider on July 17, 2014, 03:32:38 PM
You should have just quit surfing when the board was 2 inches shorter than you ordered
Post by: snaggletooth on July 17, 2014, 03:34:54 PM
You should have just quit surfing when the board was 2 inches shorter than you ordered

hahahahaha. waveslider, i'm enjoying your posts lately  ;D ;D
Post by: jscottk on July 17, 2014, 03:37:36 PM
China never makes my board 2 inches shorter..Im sticking with far eastern challengers
Post by: chuzzlewit on July 17, 2014, 04:03:04 PM
"the food here is pretty good, so please indulge me while I explain the one star review. I came here with a bunch of people from work because someone had a groupon..."
Post by: sman on July 17, 2014, 04:35:53 PM
Never a bad experience (or board) from either
Post by: loggerhead on July 17, 2014, 04:41:39 PM
Your a schmuck. Go play golf, schmuck.
Post by: Crackie Onassis on July 17, 2014, 04:47:13 PM
Just curious, what is standard practice among shapers when something goes wrong?

There had to be some disconnect, as 2" on a board is a big miss.
Post by: adamlesper on July 17, 2014, 04:56:34 PM
Pretty rough to blow someone up like that on a message board.  I just picked up my first board from Mark last saturday, the whole experience was smooth and enjoyable. 
Post by: Shacky on July 17, 2014, 05:09:50 PM
Just a note: Potrillo has one post, ever.  Take that for what you will. 
Post by: SeaCliff on July 17, 2014, 05:12:06 PM
Just a note: Potrillo has one post, ever.  Take that for what you will. 

Excellent point.

I have boards from both and wouldn't hesitate for even a moment to get boards from both again. And I have more than one post here on the forums.  ;)
Post by: Dorado on July 17, 2014, 05:15:51 PM
Mods take this tripe down ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post by: SurfeRoss on July 17, 2014, 05:19:57 PM
A shaper once told me that a lot of boards aren't always to spec, even if the dimensions are written on the board. So, I went home and measured a few of my boards. Sure enough, a few of them were off from the dim's written on the bottom. None of them were custom, just used boards, I'd picked up. Probably doesn't make a huge difference, but it's good to know if you're trying to dial in those perfect dimensions.

So, Potrillo, how'd you find out it was 2 inches shorter? Did you measure? Are you sure it wasn't intentional and he added foam to the width or thickness? Maybe he saw that you look like a heroic paddler and you didn't need the extra foam.
Post by: Crackie Onassis on July 17, 2014, 05:50:41 PM
I agree with a shut down of this thread. Bad vibes

Post by: damian on July 17, 2014, 06:59:13 PM
2 thoughts

Length along the bottom curve (as many shapers are going to measure based on a flat template) is different then point to point.  You'll lose at least an inch on a short fishy board.  More rocker and more overall length and the difference will be greater. 

2nd:
If you really liked what Mike shaped for you, a positive review would have been much more effective.  If you knew what went into shaping and glassing a board, not to mention the 20 emails that probably went back and forth to the facilitate the transaction, all for meager profits given the mass produced competition, you might cut Mark some slack, even if he didn't soften the experience enough for your millennialist expectations. 
Post by: OldSoul on July 17, 2014, 09:04:25 PM
Wow, what a first post.

Mike and Mark both are quality craftsmen, I have both shapers boards in my quiver and I have no complaints in dealing with either of them. In fakt (pun lol)  I just picked up a custom from Petro last weekend and the thing is an absolute beauty, not to mention how well it works out in the swell. Mark communicated well through text/email and in person he is a cool dude to chat with as well- never awkward or smug....and same for Mike. I've been at his shop just kicking back talking about boards and other crap... he is a cool dude. And while we're at is, Tommy Bunger is a cool dude too... they're all cool dudes... but I dont know about you man..coming on here in public to bash.. I understand there was a misunderstanding but leave it at that. Reminds me of a quote that went along the lines of...."the thing about words is once they are spoken they can only be forgiven, not forgotten."
Post by: bones on July 17, 2014, 10:34:01 PM
^ this!!
Post by: nydubstar on July 18, 2014, 12:59:12 PM
ridiculous first post...

petro is an amazing craftsman and great surfer and these things clearly manifest themselves in the boards he shapes

there's a reason he's currently working with pioneering new york shaper bob hawkins and has previously worked with people such as andrew kidman (original poster should look those two up, because he/she probably haven't heard of either person)

petro's glass work and ding repair is very good and recently he's been experimenting with a wide range of diverse shapes of varying length, as well as perfecting his resin tint and spray color work, not to mention foiling his own fins

sounds like there's more to the story; regardless of what may or may not have gone wrong, there's a way to voice dissatisfaction and criticism constructively, and this isn't the way...

excellent glasswork and color tint on the ANK / falcone / faktion collaboration:

(http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpf1/outbound-distilleryimage10/t0.0-17/OBPTH/51e32680a70111e381f2124ecfe7b39e_8.jpg)
(http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/outbound-distilleryimage9/t0.0-17/OBPTH/1c4ff5c6a6ce11e3860a129cd75c1b81_8.jpg)
(http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpa1/outbound-distilleryimage4/t0.0-17/OBPTH/bf958eb8a67d11e3947b128f706f3c2c_8.jpg)
Post by: nydubstar on July 18, 2014, 01:12:11 PM
"Didn't even write the dimensions on the bottom of the board (yes, a custom board)"

you wouldn't like a board from skip frye, then...or steve lis...or rich pavel

many shapers don't write the numbers on the board...dollars to donuts, most surfers are not equipped to notice small variations in dimensions and wouldn't notice anyway

hakman and brewer discuss tail measurements:

http://books.google.com/books?id=dbFe4HqN8v0C&pg=PA117&dq=hakman+brewer+%22the+tail+seems+a+little+bit+pulled+in%22&hl=en&sa=X&ei=51TJU5q2Fo2syAT8nYHgDw&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=hakman%20brewer%20%22the%20tail%20seems%20a%20little%20bit%20pulled%20in%22&f=false (http://books.google.com/books?id=dbFe4HqN8v0C&pg=PA117&dq=hakman+brewer+%22the+tail+seems+a+little+bit+pulled+in%22&hl=en&sa=X&ei=51TJU5q2Fo2syAT8nYHgDw&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=hakman%20brewer%20%22the%20tail%20seems%20a%20little%20bit%20pulled%20in%22&f=false)

ha ha
Post by: Bacon on July 18, 2014, 03:53:31 PM
What a tool. Petro rocks. Great shaper and awesome human. He built me this awesomeness: (http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/19/9e3a4uvu.jpg)
Post by: Bacon on July 18, 2014, 03:53:56 PM
FYI:

Post by: Bacon on July 18, 2014, 03:56:13 PM
Open the above in Instagram. Some real gems in there in the extended responses.
Post by: the Kook on July 18, 2014, 05:06:57 PM
80/20 rule in full effect here.

80% of you problems will be generated by 20% of your clients in any business.  Nothing you can do about it, Petro.  Just keep making kickass boards.
Post by: bones on July 18, 2014, 06:35:13 PM
Mmmmm. Dream board. Yummy.
Post by: bones on July 18, 2014, 06:36:36 PM
http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpf1/outbound-distilleryimage10/t0.0-17/OBPTH/51e32680a70111e381f2124ecfe7b39e_8.jpg
Post by: Faktion on July 19, 2014, 08:13:02 AM
Baaaahhaahahhha  this is hilarious.... There is definately another side to the story but Im not even go into it. The old Petro would give you such a verbal assault you probably wouldn't ever touch a surfboard again. Im a little older calmer and wiser these days and don't let anything like this bother me. It's actually kind of funny to me. Just want to thank everyone on this forum for backing me up and to everyone that has supported me over the years.  Lets just leave it at this " if you know then you know" .
Post by: Kdropin on July 19, 2014, 09:35:29 AM
There U go.... Now I'm curious though :)
Hey mark those fins on your board you've been riding lately U make them?
Post by: SeaCliff on July 19, 2014, 11:27:32 AM
Baaaahhaahahhha  this is hilarious.... There is definately another side to the story but Im not even go into it. The old Petro would give you such a verbal assault you probably wouldn't ever touch a surfboard again. Im a little older calmer and wiser these days and don't let anything like this bother me. It's actually kind of funny to me. Just want to thank everyone on this forum for backing me up and to everyone that has supported me over the years.  Lets just leave it at this " if you know then you know" .

Goodonya, Mark. Your track record speaks for itself - no reason to take any road but the high road.
Post by: Straight Dave on July 19, 2014, 12:25:04 PM
Referring to a hand shaped, custom board as "super simple" tells everyone on here more about your knowledge of surfboards and the process of making them, than everything you said before it does about a guy who seems to have a pretty solid reputation. If it was a super simple shape, why didn't you just go ahead and make it yourself? Did you talk to him through the process?? How did you place the order??? Did you give him specific dimensions from which he was to not deviate, or did you tell him a basic shape you wanted, your skill level and size???? Everyone's blasting you and for good reason; you're a newb to a community of guys who obviously hold in high regard the shaper you trashed in a public forum. It sucks that your experience was bad, but here's a piece of advice for you in the future; unless you're Slater, you'll do much better to tell your shaper a basic shape you're looking for, how you want it to perform, what your style of surfing is, and your size, than saying "I want these specific dimensions.".

Post by: Kyle on July 19, 2014, 01:36:38 PM

What a tool. Petro rocks. Great shaper and awesome human. He built me this awesomeness: (http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/19/9e3a4uvu.jpg)

Boy I really like this awesomeness.
Post by: nose_manual on July 20, 2014, 11:34:16 AM
Can't say that I have the pleasure of owning one of Petro's boards, but he has done several ding repairs for me, each of which was done perfectly, in a timely fashion, at a totally reasonable price.  Seems like a solid dude. 

As for customs and dimensions, I feel like it's a shaper's prerogative to be a little loose with dimensions, unless you're really, really specific about exactly what you want.  I know the term "loose" is up for interpretation, but as a case in point I just found myself second guessing something that a shaper suggested for me in a board he's building for me now.  Then I came to my senses and realized that it is 100% likely that he knows vastly more about this stuff than I will ever know, and I need to leave it in his hands.  I think dubstar is right when he says most of us wouldn't notice subtle (or not-so-subtle) design nuances, so for me, stressing them is pointless.
Post by: Crackie Onassis on July 20, 2014, 11:52:41 AM

I just tried on a buncha suit jackets the other day and believe me, there's a big difference between a size 44 and 46. So, with this in mind, I asked my initial question. [size=78%]I would think that there comes a point where the customer views the un-glassed blank and says "Um, this is a 5'8", I said 5'10," or visa-versa. If it reaches that point, what should the customer expect? Just curious.[/size]
Post by: Kyle on July 20, 2014, 02:54:09 PM
Do NSP's come in 2" intervals?
Post by: Crackie Onassis on July 20, 2014, 06:46:38 PM
I would think so.

Post by: f_leghorn on July 20, 2014, 08:30:24 PM
7'-6" through 7'-10"
Post by: Crackie Onassis on July 20, 2014, 09:20:39 PM
The NiSP pushes back.

Post by: Bacon on July 21, 2014, 08:22:03 AM

Boy I really like this awesomeness.

Ain't she a beaut?
Post by: Seppo1 on July 24, 2014, 01:27:17 PM
I have had the pleasure of working with both Mark and Becker for my shop. I've ordered boards from both shapers and have been super happy with them. They are both stand up guys and great surfers. I have also ordered custom boards from them as well and they have both shaped me some epic boards in a timely fashion.  I agree that the 80/20 rule does come in to effect and you can't please everyone. It's just statistics. It's unfortunate that you had a negative experience with Mark. Mark is great guy and knows his boards and surf history.
I think there is an issue that is coming up more and more as more new surfers enter into surfing and they expect the same level of customer service as they would in many retail locations these days. And that is understandable but, I think many people miss the point of surfing. It's meant to humble you and be respectful of those who have come before you and many of the shapers. I think a lot of people forget that these shapers are craftsmen and artisans. They do everything from marketing, shaping, business, customer service, distribution and many other aspects. It's a really tough profession that pays little in return. I don't think it's unfair to ask some customers to learn patience and be a bit more understanding of these craftsmen. Our society keeps speeding up and fast food culture seems to be taking over peoples mindsets. More and more people want something instantly or yesterday. Surfing is about a process. You can't rush certain things whether it's learning to get to your feet, learning to do airs, or getting a board shaped. If you rush it or force it, it's never going to end up the way you want it. The ocean is a great reminder of that and many beginner surfers and not so beginner surfers lately seem to be missing that point.
With many surf schools and retreats, and more and more wealthy people getting in to surfing, it feels like a lot of people are expecting surfing to be spoon fed to them. And that's not what surfing is about. Many people lack the historical reference of what it was like to learn to surf in the past. Many surfers I know who grew up surfing in the 50's and 60's had to make their own equipment, ride boards without leashes, ride boards that were big, heavy and unforgiving and they all learned to surf no problem with crude equipment. There is no reason why surfers today need the latest and greatest surf aid to teach them how to surf or make surfing easier for them. When things are easy, we lose appreciation of the act of what we are doing.
So, I ask many surfers to learn some patience and tolerance. I believe in great customer service and the salesmen should do everything they can to please a customer but, I also believe that the promise of good customer service doesn't give a customer the right to act out of line or be rude and disrespectful either. Perhaps there was a miscommunication with Mark, and maybe it wasn't exactly what you wanted, but perhaps you as a customer could have approached things in a different way that would have worked out best for both parties concerned. And making the post like this came off juvenile clearly has not worked in your favor. There is a right way to approach things and you could have had more affect had you come across a bit more understanding and sympathetic. I claim to know the situation. I just know there are 3 sides to every story and generally, but not always, everyone has a responsibility in the outcome.

Post by: SeaCliff on August 05, 2014, 09:18:44 PM
Just as a reminder, these guys don't just shape good boards, they repair them as well.

I just got a board back from Faktion for a repair. It's PERFECT. Thanks, Mark - I really appreciate it!!
Post by: NJ Longboarder on August 06, 2014, 11:27:45 AM
Personal Review: potrillo=douche

All press is good press so I might have to order a custom now.  I've never had a faktion or natures shapes. 
Post by: potrillo on August 10, 2014, 05:38:59 PM
_

Post by: SeaCliff on August 10, 2014, 08:46:27 PM

I'm not surprised that Faktion has some fanboy followers, as do most shapers. Surfing can be very cliquey after all.

Wow...very nice retort, potrillo. Fanboys? Really? So what you're really saying is that we're all a bunch of fools that would endure subpar work just because we like someone, and you're the only one brave enough to speak the truth. Oh, please, get the fark over yourself and spare us all the group insult. On any given day there are hundreds of surfers that visit this forum representing uncounted thousands of hours of experience with all manner of boards from shapers all over the region. And all of them...all of us....are "fanboys" in some sort of massive clique? Seriously?

How about you take stock of the situation in an adult manner and consider that if others had similar experiences to yours, they would have spoken up. The fact that your opinion was not supported by ANYONE should be telling you something. Here's the truth that you would like to conveniently ignore: Faktion has years of experience and many loyal, repeat customers, and your situation was the outlier.

This ONE shape didn't work out for you - you made your point. Move on.
Post by: waveslider on August 10, 2014, 09:34:43 PM
You should have quit surfing when I told you to. Hopefully you traded it on craigslist for a pair of Rollerblades
Post by: Kyle on August 10, 2014, 09:42:36 PM
Petro did amazing ding repair on numerous boards of mine and has made some real screamers that called for me to tap out my cc accounts.

Becker has glassed two boards for me. Both beautiful with insane glass jobs. The 2nd he put in futures instead of FCS but when I went white faced at pick up he fixed the situation. All good.

Both are great at what they do.

Potrillo, you get the dillo.

Post by: bones on August 11, 2014, 06:39:26 AM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_behavioral_therapy
Post by: Straight Dave on August 11, 2014, 09:20:59 AM
Dude, here's what you're not getting; you're new here. Nobody on here knows you. I realize that the term "knows" in relation to an online community is a loosely applied one, but the point is that you have a total of two posts, both of which were to blast someone. The guy you chose to blast, conversely, knows several people who belong to this community, not just in the superficial online sense, but personally. So, when you say that the reason people are coming to his defense is because he has a bunch of "fanboys", you sound like a petulant child who's upset that nobody took their side. Look at it this way: you and a group of your friends are at a party, having a good time, and a complete stranger walks in and announces to the entire party "Hey, Potrillo is a real A-hole, and his business practices are sketchy.". Would you expect your friends, whom you've known and done business with in good faith for many years, to all of a sudden side with this complete stranger? If the answer is yes, then you really should reevaluate your friendships.

PS. Your experience, combined with an anonymous Craigslist poster who had a misunderstanding with a shaper, hardly constitutes a significant sample size, and certainly not enough for you to claim that there are "a lot of these misunderstandings".
Post by: SeaCliff on August 11, 2014, 06:04:09 PM
Dude, here's what you're not getting; you're new here. Nobody on here knows you. I realize that the term "knows" in relation to an online community is a loosely applied one, but the point is that you have a total of two posts, both of which were to blast someone. The guy you chose to blast, conversely, knows several people who belong to this community, not just in the superficial online sense, but personally. So, when you say that the reason people are coming to his defense is because he has a bunch of "fanboys", you sound like a petulant child who's upset that nobody took their side. Look at it this way: you and a group of your friends are at a party, having a good time, and a complete stranger walks in and announces to the entire party "Hey, Potrillo is a real A-hole, and his business practices are sketchy.". Would you expect your friends, whom you've known and done business with in good faith for many years, to all of a sudden side with this complete stranger? If the answer is yes, then you really should reevaluate your friendships.

PS. Your experience, combined with an anonymous Craigslist poster who had a misunderstanding with a shaper, hardly constitutes a significant sample size, and certainly not enough for you to claim that there are "a lot of these misunderstandings".

Well said, SD, well said.
Post by: Soul Korea on August 11, 2014, 07:17:45 PM
Never imagined having Mark's handwritten dims and my name would be grounds for smugness, but I'll go ahead and take this opportunity now...

(http://media.giphy.com/media/jBI8UR5hZ5vdm/giphy.gif)
Post by: Soul Korea on August 11, 2014, 07:18:17 PM
 8)
Post by: SeaCliff on August 12, 2014, 08:59:01 AM
Frocket rountail being shaped for Josh Goetz:

(https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10547582_676217432452989_7419850423335008070_n.jpg?oh=2a3802345862ffbc47e2322d2c15e514&oe=547E8384)

Pretty damn sweet looking.
Post by: Kdropin on August 12, 2014, 10:52:17 AM
Ck the finished product...looks sik
Post by: SeaCliff on August 12, 2014, 08:27:45 PM

Yeah - it really does:

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10429256_676380119103387_2112317937747280290_n.jpg)
Post by: Yuppers913 on August 13, 2014, 04:14:28 PM
The only interaction I've had with Petro was over e-mail when I asked him about sizing on a Faktion board I was looking to buy used (not from him).  He shot me a very thoughtful answer to my question quickly and politely, and told me to shoot him another e-mail if I had any other questions or to let him know what I thought of the board.  That is called being awesome at customer service.

I didn't end up getting that board, but I'm 100% certain I'll be getting a board from Faktion one day.  Everything I've heard about those boards and their shaper has been positive, and the instagram feed of beautiful creations always kills me.

Just my 2cents...
Post by: BltByKrmn on August 13, 2014, 04:57:12 PM
Stop posting pictures of the thumb tail Frockets, I want one and it's not helping
Post by: snaggletooth on August 13, 2014, 05:14:15 PM

Yeah - it really does:

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10429256_676380119103387_2112317937747280290_n.jpg)

oooohhh - that looks really nice!!! what are dims?
Post by: Clams on August 18, 2014, 01:15:37 PM
This post reminds me why I don't come on here anymore. Hey Potrillo, you sound like the worst customer ever actually. I think Mark was being nice! You should try making one for yourself next time. It'll humble you bit and might even enhance your relationship with the water. 2 things you seem to need more than extra boards in your quiver. I can continue, but I'm not. I've already got you figured out.

Mark is an extremely talented shaper and glasser. The fact that you took time out of your life to birrate such a legend, publicly is shameful. If you see me in the water head the other direction because I'm going to burn you, over and over and over again, like your not ever there. :-)

Post by: Clams on August 18, 2014, 01:19:01 PM
Ok I'm done for now….I don't mean to stir the brown trout SeaCliff, but that needed to be said.
Post by: SeaCliff on August 18, 2014, 04:59:55 PM
Ok I'm done for now….I don't mean to stir the brown trout SeaCliff, but that needed to be said.

No worries. Seems Mark has no shortage of people willing to stand up for his work, including people as talented as you, my friend.

Great seeing you at the show last night - glad to see you're doing well! That was a sick shape you were showing off to Mr. TC! Can I entice you to stick around long enough to post some images of it and tell the story of the inspiration behind the shape?  ;D ;D ;D
Post by: EastEndWahine on August 18, 2014, 09:26:16 PM
I ordered a board from Mark a long time ago. 

For some reason the little screws for the fins were wonky, and started to rust.  They fused in the fin boxes.  I couldn't get the fins out, and I was flying out for a surf trip.

He fixed the fins no charge right away before my trip.

The board he made was beautiful, I still have it, still ride it.
Post by: mizrachi on August 19, 2014, 11:56:01 AM
Do any fin screws not suck?  I've had to drill mine out, stripped, rusted in, etc. 
Post by: damian on August 19, 2014, 12:23:29 PM
Mineral oil based grease and stainless set screws.  If Mcmaster Carr doesn't have it, it probably doesn't exist. 
Post by: chuzzlewit on August 19, 2014, 12:34:51 PM
and dont use "fin keys" - use this:

(http://i.imgur.com/4AicvvH.jpg)
Post by: nydubstar on August 20, 2014, 01:00:17 AM
http://pilgrimsurfsupply.com/ding-repair/ (http://pilgrimsurfsupply.com/ding-repair/)

Post by: Kyle on August 20, 2014, 10:03:19 AM
Nice write up. Reminds me how great a job he does. Dropping my log off this fall.
Post by: SeaCliff on August 20, 2014, 10:10:38 AM
This oldie but goodie popped up on my Facebook feed this morning, courtesy of my friend and extraordinary surfboard shaper, Brian Wynn.

As Brian said in the comments on the post, "It's always the shaper's fault."  ;) ::)

Hitler's Surf Trip Ruined (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjkv29Y5NhE#)

;D
Post by: Soul Korea on August 20, 2014, 12:20:58 PM
There's also this from a few years ago

The Shaper on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/48631493)

"You wanted a pig?  But I made you a fish..."  8)
Post by: EastEndWahine on August 20, 2014, 05:50:27 PM
I don't know, I've never had a fin screw rust before or after that board.  They must have been a different metal.

Some of them rust a little, but not like these did
Post by: Clams on August 22, 2014, 01:13:49 AM

No worries. Seems Mark has no shortage of people willing to stand up for his work, including people as talented as you, my friend.

Great seeing you at the show last night - glad to see you're doing well! That was a sick shape you were showing off to Mr. TC! Can I entice you to stick around long enough to post some images of it and tell the story of the inspiration behind the shape?  ;D ;D ;D

Sure thing but Andrew tells the story best. http://pilgrimsurfsupply.com/mystery-tom-currens-tiger-toe/ (http://pilgrimsurfsupply.com/mystery-tom-currens-tiger-toe/) I'll make a dedicated post to the board in a few days. How can I upload images directly without having to provide an HTTP address?
Post by: Bacon on August 22, 2014, 12:51:15 PM
All the mermaids and octopussies love Clams!
Post by: SeaCliff on August 22, 2014, 01:04:05 PM

Sure thing but Andrew tells the story best. http://pilgrimsurfsupply.com/mystery-tom-currens-tiger-toe/ (http://pilgrimsurfsupply.com/mystery-tom-currens-tiger-toe/) I'll make a dedicated post to the board in a few days. How can I upload images directly without having to provide an HTTP address?

I'm tinkering with the forums and hope to have a "simple upload" done by Monday or Tuesday. In the meantime, when starting a new topi, click on the bottom where it says "attachments". An instruction and upload box will open up, and you should be able to add your images.