NYNJSurf.com Forums - Surfing NY NJ! New Jersey Surf and New York Surf Message Board Community Forums

General New Jersey Surf and New York Surf Discussion Forums => Main Room - General New York Surf and New Jersey Surf Discussions => Topic started by: PSYCHO on September 08, 2010, 02:48:35 AM

Title: NYSFF Opening!
Post by: PSYCHO on September 08, 2010, 02:48:35 AM
So Stoked! Ive been chosen to open the NYSFF this year with Shadows of the Same Sun. Super honored! Heres the schedule & all, Hope to see you all there!!

http://www.nysff.com/?p=522 (http://www.nysff.com/?p=522)
Title: Re: NYSFF Opening!
Post by: flower box on September 08, 2010, 08:31:55 AM
and closing!
Post by: SeaCliff on September 08, 2010, 08:56:38 AM
Congrats, Psycho!!! I'll be there for sure!!

;D ;D
Post by: ward_hill on September 08, 2010, 08:58:19 AM
congrats!
Post by: RayG on September 08, 2010, 09:26:36 AM
Soooooo, who's on the VIP list?
Post by: PSYCHO on September 08, 2010, 10:33:50 AM
I cant believe it, closing too! Sick. I am so stoked. Just so everyone knows, NYNJ's own Seacliff AKA Doc Will Hallet narrated the film. They better have bourbon at this fest! I just want everyone to come & party!
Post by: RayG on September 08, 2010, 10:35:04 AM
waiting for the noon hour to grab a few opening night ducats....
Post by: little_nasty on September 08, 2010, 10:56:49 AM
wow - that will be great exposure - super congrats!!
Post by: Wave Dancer on September 08, 2010, 11:51:41 AM
Congrats PSYCHO.I know you sacrificed allot of surf time for this movie.I hope this is the start of good things for your new family.I just bought 2 tickets on-line i'm sure they will sell out fast.
See you there !!!
Post by: RayG on September 08, 2010, 11:54:11 AM
Just got mine as well for opening night. The online opened a bit earlier than noon, I suppose...
Post by: SeaCliff on September 08, 2010, 12:16:22 PM
Just got mine as well for opening night. The online opened a bit earlier than noon, I suppose...

Got mine, too...

;D
Post by: PSYCHO on September 08, 2010, 12:25:37 PM
Congrats PSYCHO.I know you sacrificed allot of surf time for this movie.I hope this is the start of good things for your new family.I just bought 2 tickets on-line i'm sure they will sell out fast.
See you there !!!

Yeah bro, thanks. It was very hard to do. Not to mention everyone says, "Dude, Why aren't you out there?" like I wasn't standing there with a huge camera rig pointed at the water. then they blow every wave, ha! I just wanted to drown em. Its funny because it was hard to get people to go surf when you wanna shoot during a good swell because everyone just runs out into an overcrowded break so its kinda hard to even get footy on days its good because you loose them in the clutter. Now that the movie is done & people started seeing the ads for the fest, I got about 17 texts last week from people saying, "I'll go surf so you can shoot us for the movie."  I was like, hell no, its finally done & Im effin surfing!  I needed that text last year, lol! For Bill I only got in the water after shooting hours of random kooks falling down all day & I only surfed about 20 mins before the wind switched in the afternoon.  Im finally getting some waves while its actually good. I missed my short boards so much! Surfed both my lil potato chip quad & my new Lost Psychoward. So effin stoked to get good solid waves to myself! I really needed it before I started freebasing liquid Drano or something, lol!

Next movie maybe I'll see what I can do for a budget & search for some of the most talented area surfers & see what we can muster up. If you know a really talented surfer or are one, get to me & maybe we'll see what's up. Gotta stick with my Beast Coast peoples. We'll see what the future holds.

for now, Cheers to yas all, cant wait to see your mugs at the fest! Proud of our lil peninsula & its people! Proud of the surfers in NYC & Proud of the support everyone has given me on a small budget film made by a maniac who didn't think he'd ever find a future. Love youse all! Thank you my friends! You estranged bastards! lol! I cannot wait to have a drink & lift our glasses together! Honor, community & brotherhood!

Post by: RayG on September 08, 2010, 12:47:17 PM
I suggest setting aside a "Flea-Row"! Just to relive the "Riding Giants" experience. Maybe we can shout down a "shhhussher". A classic moment for sure...
Post by: ChopChaser on September 08, 2010, 12:57:29 PM
We just got our tix too!
Psycho thanks for your hard work and devotion to the sport and the culture, gonna be quite a night for the peninsula folks.

Post by: surfplusart on September 08, 2010, 02:06:53 PM
Got my tickets Psycho!! CONGRATS!!! ;D
Post by: Northstreet on September 08, 2010, 02:07:41 PM
got my tickets for the opening night..stoked  :)
Post by: seacow on September 08, 2010, 02:23:46 PM
Got tickets for opening night too.  Go Psycho!
Post by: PSYCHO on September 08, 2010, 03:20:40 PM
Thanks guys!!!
Post by: SeaCliff on September 08, 2010, 03:36:55 PM
I suggest setting aside a "Flea-Row"! Just to relive the "Riding Giants" experience. Maybe we can shout down a "shhhussher". A classic moment for sure...

Hahahhahaa..yeah, it most definitely was, Ray!

To everyone else out there, lock in your tix now - they're going fast!!
Post by: Crackie Onassis on September 08, 2010, 03:44:36 PM
Ditto
Post by: RayG on September 08, 2010, 04:00:19 PM

Hahahhahaa..yeah, it most definitely was, Ray!

To everyone else out there, lock in your tix now - they're going fast!!

Since Psyche is a big-wig in the biz now, can't he demand a rider that states something like Fleas, n'er do wells and other riff raff get their own section?
Post by: Harry Balzsac on September 08, 2010, 04:35:38 PM
Congrats.  Wish I could be there.  I will be in Central Park, rockin' out with my cock out at the Pavement show.  Maybe I'll make the Sunday showing. 
Post by: kumachan on September 09, 2010, 12:32:55 PM
Getting my tix today and looking forward to watching Psycho's opener!
Title: NYSFF Opening!
Post by: three_fins_out on September 09, 2010, 01:14:55 PM
Congrats pyscho. If there is a flea section I am so there
Post by: Årne Longbörgenssen on September 09, 2010, 03:58:19 PM
Mrs Thorium and I, and the two little isotopes will be there.
Post by: Looseness on September 09, 2010, 07:02:04 PM
Mrs Thorium and I, and the two little isotopes will be there.
You realize that film is unrated? 
Post by: Årne Longbörgenssen on September 09, 2010, 07:21:17 PM
Is there alot of dirty surfing?