NYNJSurf.com Forums - Surfing NY NJ! New Jersey Surf and New York Surf Message Board Community Forums

General New Jersey Surf and New York Surf Discussion Forums => Main Room - General New York Surf and New Jersey Surf Discussions => Topic started by: The Lone Surfer on October 02, 2015, 10:33:53 AM

Title: New Earplugs
Post by: The Lone Surfer on October 02, 2015, 10:33:53 AM
Hey @SeaCliff, welcome back. It was good to see you out. Post up a review of those new earplugs you were wearing the other day when you have some time.
Title: Re: New Earplugs
Post by: SeaCliff on October 02, 2015, 01:38:25 PM
Hey @SeaCliff, welcome back. It was good to see you out. Post up a review of those new earplugs you were wearing the other day when you have some time.

Will do!
Post by: waveslider on October 02, 2015, 01:43:31 PM
surfears?
Post by: jonnyslasher on October 02, 2015, 01:45:04 PM
surfears?

I have them. They're pretty cool! One side feels like it fits a little better than the other, but I blame the shape of my head.
Post by: Kdropin on October 02, 2015, 03:31:12 PM
Have surf ears too

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post by: waveslider on October 02, 2015, 05:10:41 PM
surfears?

I have them. They're pretty cool! One side feels like it fits a little better than the other, but I blame the shape of my head.
haha. same thing for me. I use a small in one ear and a medium in the other. seems to work pretty well.
Post by: onefinookas on October 02, 2015, 05:50:04 PM
What?
Post by: sonandsurf on October 02, 2015, 09:27:38 PM
Surf Ears ! The brown trout!!
Post by: sonandsurf on October 02, 2015, 09:29:27 PM
In a good way!!!!!
Post by: Soul Korea on October 05, 2015, 04:40:25 PM
Comparison to Doc's Pro Plugs?  I like Doc's but do lose them on occasion...and SurfEars seem to be way more expensive.
Post by: fulltilt720 on October 05, 2015, 04:51:41 PM
After how many years of surfing year round should someone definitely be wearing ear plugs to prevent surfer's ear?
Post by: Dorado on October 05, 2015, 05:00:02 PM
I'm 90 % in one ear and like 60 in the other . Year rounder most my adult life . I'd stay start now .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post by: wolf larsen on October 07, 2015, 04:53:46 PM
i hear surf ears are amazing
http://shop.surfears.com/ (http://shop.surfears.com/)

Post by: fulltilt720 on October 02, 2018, 06:45:05 PM
ear doc said i need em, nothing yerrible just yet . just got the surfears.  leash is really strange. anyone use these without the leash?
Post by: sman on October 02, 2018, 07:56:35 PM
I think they are awesome. Leash doesnít bother me at all. Iíll take it off when wearing a hood but they are a bit to pricey to risk loosing otherwise

Post by: nkh422 on October 02, 2018, 08:16:44 PM
I think they are awesome. Leash doesnít bother me at all. Iíll take it off when wearing a hood but they are a bit to pricey to risk loosing otherwise

Same, love the surfears.

Post by: fulltilt720 on October 03, 2018, 05:14:26 PM
first session with them was okay, not end of the world terrible but certainly not a session enhancer. I'm sure the ones that let in 0 sound are significantly more miserable though.
Post by: waterboy on October 04, 2018, 10:41:01 AM
if you are anything like me, and lose two pairs of sunglasses a year, you will definately lose your expensive surf ears.   thats why i choose the $5 macks "aqua block" earplugs,  the purple ones.   sure you hear less but whatever,  surfing is a solo sport :)  you wont be so upset when you lose them,  and you will lose them. 
Post by: Kdropin on October 04, 2018, 02:16:28 PM
Surf ears make it a little less miserable like u said.. the purple Mack's and silicone ones suck.. cant stand not being able to hear.. I started to only wear them during colder months

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post by: fulltilt720 on October 04, 2018, 05:19:26 PM
i saw some advice somewhere (escapes me now) that you should probably be wearing them any time you're wearing a suit
Post by: waterboy on October 05, 2018, 09:00:42 AM
Only thing it messes with is small talk between waves, otherwise what do you need to hear?  A hoot? I generaly do not drop in by using vision.  ps you can still hear the hoot. 

In a way i embrace the muted sound.  gives me tunnel vision.  focus.  heightens the other senses.  surfing becomes almost dreamlike. 
Post by: waterboy on October 05, 2018, 09:05:03 AM
i saw some advice somewhere (escapes me now) that you should probably be wearing them any time you're wearing a suit

It does kinda make sense that if we need a suit on then that probably means we should not naturally be in that environment.  We are manipulating the situation by putting rubber on,  but maybe surfers ear is a way of nature/biology saying to us you shouldn't be here , and because you are here i will narrow these ear canals to keep the core warm and survive. 
Post by: fulltilt720 on October 05, 2018, 11:30:20 AM
yeah, bunch of damn addicts sticking things in their ears out here.
Post by: deonmitchell on November 30, 2018, 07:38:18 AM
Good see you.
Post by: fulltilt720 on November 30, 2018, 12:47:50 PM
Good see you.
??