NYNJSurf.com Forums - Surfing NY NJ! New Jersey Surf and New York Surf Message Board Community Forums

General New Jersey Surf and New York Surf Discussion Forums => Main Room - General New York Surf and New Jersey Surf Discussions => Topic started by: nose_manual on February 28, 2013, 10:24:27 AM

Title: Free fishing gear
Post by: nose_manual on February 28, 2013, 10:24:27 AM
I am in the process of cleaning out my place for an upcoming move, and I need to unload some fishing gear.  I'd rather give it away to people who can use it than try to sell it.  It's all stuff that I scored from my friend's grandfather's house in Bradley Beach--she let me come in and take any of his stuff that I wanted, so I took way more than I can use because I'm totally sentimental and I didn't want it to get thrown out.  He was an old school fisherman and had some cool old rods and reels, mostly lighter saltwater stuff but I think a couple of surfcasting reels and maybe one or two lighter surfcasting rods. 

Everything would be available for pickup in Brooklyn, or we could try to arrange a time for me to drop off in Rock when I'm out there next, which hopefully will be this weekend for a mini-wave log session.

Let me know.  Everything is in good working condition, but could probably use some tuning up or something.  I probably have about 5-6 reels and maybe 2-3 rods, plus some random tackle.  If you're interested in specifics, please pm me.

Title: Re: Free fishing gear
Post by: ArchySwashbuckle on February 28, 2013, 10:27:33 AM
PM'ed
Post by: surf dad on February 28, 2013, 10:39:16 AM
My family are big fisher people. I'd live the opportunity to carry on the legacy of your friend's father's equipment.
Where can I find you?
I am in the process of cleaning out my place for an upcoming move, and I need to unload some fishing gear.  I'd rather give it away to people who can use it than try to sell it.  It's all stuff that I scored from my friend's grandfather's house in Bradley Beach--she let me come in and take any of his stuff that I wanted, so I took way more than I can use because I'm totally sentimental and I didn't want it to get thrown out.  He was an old school fisherman and had some cool old rods and reels, mostly lighter saltwater stuff but I think a couple of surfcasting reels and maybe one or two lighter surfcasting rods. 

Everything would be available for pickup in Brooklyn, or we could try to arrange a time for me to drop off in Rock when I'm out there next, which hopefully will be this weekend for a mini-wave log session.

Let me know.  Everything is in good working condition, but could probably use some tuning up or something.  I probably have about 5-6 reels and maybe 2-3 rods, plus some random tackle.  If you're interested in specifics, please pm me.
Post by: nose_manual on February 28, 2013, 10:51:37 AM
^I'm in Brooklyn on Sterling Place between Washington and Underhill.