NYNJSurf.com Forums - Surfing NY NJ! New Jersey Surf and New York Surf Message Board Community Forums

General New Jersey Surf and New York Surf Discussion Forums => In Search of Waves - Travel Tips To and From the New Jersey Surf and New York Surf Area => Topic started by: malibu casey on June 30, 2015, 07:54:33 AM

Title: Anyone ship a car from NY to CA?
Post by: malibu casey on June 30, 2015, 07:54:33 AM
Has anyone every shipped a car to the west coast?  If so can you recommend anyone? 
Title: Re: Anyone ship a car from NY to CA?
Post by: adk on June 30, 2015, 02:28:08 PM
I did it in the other direction about 7 years ago. I can't remember the company but it was one of the ones that ebay recommends. Went fine.
Post by: jscottk on June 30, 2015, 07:53:01 PM
We did it
Shipped a 1973 Mercury cougar to San Francisco in 1999

Pain in the ass actually
Took 2 weeks, car truck wouldn't drop it off near us.
Car wouldn't start, scratches, and shitty truck driver attitude.

Mind you every problem was really because it was a 1973 Mercury cougar
Post by: NJ Longboarder on July 01, 2015, 09:23:09 AM
Shipped west to east in the fall.  Was easy, but pricey because I had it shipped enclosed and door to door.  Trucks drive east west constantly so it is a easy route to ship.

Contact Kathy at Rebel Yell Trucking.  972-264-3977.  Best to call her when you know all the dates and addresses and ready to go.  She is a broker, but stays on top of things for you.  Used her twice and she fixed any problems that came up.  Both times I paid the trucker cash when they drop off so you need to be there when it is received or have someone you trust receive it.  Mail a check to Kathy for her cut.  Easy breezey.