NYNJSurf.com Forums - Surfing NY NJ! New Jersey Surf and New York Surf Message Board Community Forums

General New Jersey Surf and New York Surf Discussion Forums => Contests, Events and Community Service - Jersey Surf and New York Surf Happenings => Topic started by: PlainYogurt on June 21, 2007, 11:09:47 AM

Title: CPR Class
Post by: PlainYogurt on June 21, 2007, 11:09:47 AM
If you are interested in taking a CPR/AED class please PM me with saying Yes and your name(in case im not sure of your online persona)

You will be certified to save adult, children, and infant...I am not sure about the AED part because it u will not have access to it at the beach (lifeguards only, if needed)..
           Request for lifeguarding classes came up but we are unable to do it because our pool is not yet finished. Im sure if you have any questions, my boss will be more than happy to answer...
            I spoke with him a little while ago, I just need a number of people, and a date and time..He will get a place for us....The cost..I asked him what kind of deal we could do...American redcross charges $ 90 for this course...We came out of out with a fee of $35-$40..
            This is a great opportunity for you guys to get certified in case of an emergency..( surfing beach, no lifeguards, and i doubt it that the parkies are certified)..and i any situation that calls for it
             Class will be in downtown manhattan

Pm me so i can get an idea of how many people will be doing it..

P.S. You must be atleast 17 years old

thanks
Title: Re: CPR Class
Post by: the Kook on June 21, 2007, 11:45:04 AM
If you are interested in taking a CPR/AED class please PM me with saying Yes and your name(in case im not sure of your online persona)

You will be certified to save adult, children, and infant...I am not sure about the AED part because it u will not have access to it at the beach (lifeguards only, if needed)..
           Request for lifeguarding classes came up but we are unable to do it because our pool is not yet finished. Im sure if you have any questions, my boss will be more than happy to answer...
            I spoke with him a little while ago, I just need a number of people, and a date and time..He will get a place for us....The cost..I asked him what kind of deal we could do...American redcross charges $ 90 for this course...We came out of out with a fee of $35-$40..
            This is a great opportunity for you guys to get certified in case of an emergency..( surfing beach, no lifeguards, and i doubt it that the parkies are certified)..and i any situation that calls for it
             Class will be in downtown manhattan

Pm me so i can get an idea of how many people will be doing it..

P.S. You must be atleast 17 years old

thanks

Count me in.  And as to no lifeguards being certified..... the Federal guards around here are re-certified in CPR every year.
Post by: Jake on June 21, 2007, 02:09:22 PM
jimmy,  i want in too...   
Post by: waterwolfnyc on June 21, 2007, 02:47:48 PM
this is a key skill people

even if you do it totally wrong, just having a basic idea can still save a life

this sign up list should be FULL
Post by: Jake on June 21, 2007, 02:52:24 PM
actually if u do it wrong u can break ribs and ever kill someone faster...
Post by: squaty_guate on June 21, 2007, 03:45:41 PM
Im in too! Need it for work.

breakin bones is very common...some dude had a heartattack on the flight I was on to Cali... I broke his sternum. Very common fracture when administering CPR. the dude is alive though... he didnt mind when it was all said and done. break a rib puncture the lung... ehhhhh.... gotz problems hence needing the proper teaching is soooo important on how to do it right.
Post by: PlainYogurt on June 21, 2007, 04:29:21 PM
please pm so i know who i comming..i will wait a couple of days, so people can sign up
Post by: jscottk on June 21, 2007, 05:29:25 PM
but when and where and how long will it take?
Post by: PlainYogurt on June 21, 2007, 11:27:46 PM
the day and time will come around monday, i want everyone who wants IN to get a chance to pm me...depends how many people there are, depends how smooth the class goes...it can be two and half plus hours