NYNJSurf.com Forums - Surfing NY NJ! New Jersey Surf and New York Surf Message Board Community Forums

General New Jersey Surf and New York Surf Discussion Forums => Buy and Sell: The Surfboard Exchange on NYNJSurf.com => Topic started by: Mayday on March 22, 2018, 02:34:54 PM

Title: WTB: Von Sol Flying Manta
Post by: Mayday on March 22, 2018, 02:34:54 PM
Show me what you got, if anything.  Looking for something in the 33-36L range. Usually in the 5'2 to 5'6 range.  Ive seen a bunch of these get passed around over the years and im looking to take a turn.
Title: Re: WTB: Von Sol Flying Manta
Post by: Kyle on March 24, 2018, 10:18:16 PM
You will be so stoked
Post by: Mayday on March 25, 2018, 06:25:17 AM
You will be so stoked
Canít seem to find one though. Would order new but trying to sell my no friends first. Contemplating a Hydrodynamica mini Simmons instead but donít know how good of a groveler it will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post by: Kyle on March 25, 2018, 08:21:39 AM
You will be so stoked
Canít seem to find one though. Would order new but trying to sell my no friends first. Contemplating a Hydrodynamica mini Simmons instead but donít know how good of a groveler it will be.

You are correct in your pause... MS arenít as flicky and maneuverable as a Manta. The Manta is firmly in my top two fave grovelers.
Post by: Mayday on March 27, 2018, 08:45:14 AM
You will be so stoked

You are correct in your pause... MS arenít as flicky and maneuverable as a Manta. The Manta is firmly in my top two fave grovelers.
Out of curiosity whatís the other of the top 2?

And...scored one. Search over. Thanks all.

Post by: sman on March 28, 2018, 10:41:00 AM
@Mayday what size did you land on?
Post by: Mayday on March 28, 2018, 10:44:17 AM
@Mayday what size did you land on?

A stock 5í4 in the wired tech (no idea on volume) And right now Iím regrettably in the 180lb range. Try to shed a couple before summer but surfed it Monday in marginal conditions and it floated me great in full winter gear. Board just flies. Hoping for another shot on it in some bigger stuff later.