Author Topic: Props to Victor or whatever his name is.  (Read 590 times)

Offline PSYCHO

• SFSC
  • Local Hero (Platinum)
  • Liked: 25
  • Soft hated: 0
  • Just add water
    • View Profile
    • Earthmovers
Props to Victor or whatever his name is.
« on: July 09, 2007, 12:33:13 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • This was a parky that took his job seriously & I was so happy to see a Parks department fellow, using his Megaphone to actually call people out of the water who were swimming & explaining clearly that this was a surf beach only. he did such a fine job I had to go say hello & congradulate him on his efforts. Older fellah with a Goatee.walked back & forth explaining things to everyone & even asked a child to take her to her parents & he walked with her & had a talk with the parents about how this was a surf beach only so that it protects small children from the dangers of a surfboard hitting them as well as adults. He was polite, funny & deserves it. If you see a parky doing the right thing, please congradulate them & give em props were props are due.

Offline frroK

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 17
      • AOL Instant Messenger - frrok
      • View Profile
    Re: Props to Victor or whatever his name is.
    « Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 12:48:50 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • thats awesome...

lord knows its hard to keep people out of the water over there.

Offline PSYCHO

• SFSC
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Just add water
      • View Profile
      • Earthmovers
    « Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 12:59:11 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • His Partner way down the beach too, I didnt meet hime but he was the other older guy about our age or more with the long Goatee Like Metal style long Goat. It was awsome. Bets job Ive ever seen since they started this. Victor even joked when I thanked him saying he xcepts tips, donations of money & beer. Awsome sense of humor on the most crowded day at the beach Ive seen in a loooong time. There was no one swimming in the surf beach for more then a few seconds. Great job.

Offline Looseness

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 86
    • Soft hated: 3
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 03:59:31 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Absolutely! That guy was really on it and his partner down the beach too. Glad you said something to him. They really seemed to have a grasp of what they were supposed to be doing and took it seriously. A sense of humor doesn't hurt in that circus either. Next time I see them I'll thank them too. Maybe those guys should be mentioned to the powers that be as a good example. Never hurts to give some positive feedback along with the rest.   
    It's no better to be safe than sorry....

Offline seb

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 99
    • Soft hated: 5
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 06:16:55 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • great news! maybe the parkies finally got some training or a memo as to how the surf beach are supposed to function. ;)
    it's 6AM, have you seen a donkey?

Offline sideways

• Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 2
    • Life, it only happens once.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 10:21:15 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Some older guy with his 2 yr old daugher playing in water during the dusk shorebreak. I dont get it; how can you not see a runaway short or long board knocking you or your kid out? 

Offline PSYCHO

• SFSC
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Just add water
      • View Profile
      • Earthmovers
    « Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 12:56:29 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I was joking around last night & yelled really loud at the parents, guys & gals coming towards the beach to frolic in the water after hours in the surf beach shore pound, "Yeah come & play in front of the pointy dangerous uncontrollable Surfboards in the heavy shore pund, Come on over YAAAAY!!!!"  funny thing is after that they turned around & didnt come in. lol! hey whatever works right?

As for this thread, Tomorrow is another day, Lets see whose on duty tomorrow durring beach hours. Hopely victor & his coworker clean house again.