Author Topic: mysto swell  (Read 3496 times)

ya_bloody_wanka

Re: mysto swell
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2005, 12:10:45 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • na no one yelled at me today. so no worry's. if you were at the other surfing beach in lb then i might have an idea of who you did yell at (was hanging out with a fat kid on a shortboard and thought he was cool but he really wasnt cause he was not cool) yeah that kid deserved it and i wanted to smack him.

i thought it was good this afternoon besides the fact it was so crowded.

Offline Spindrift

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 3
    • Soft hated: 1
      • View Profile
    « Reply #31 on: July 21, 2005, 12:11:42 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • yeah, surfnli, the afterwork session really wasn't all that great. I got some nice rides in my first half hour from 430-5. but after that it was all downhill. killer sunset and crazy beautiful full moon though. with a brilliant reflection shimmering off of the ocean.

ya_bloody_wanka

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2005, 12:14:19 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • i thought it was cleaning up in the afternoon a little

Offline surfnli

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 17
    • Soft hated: 2
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: July 21, 2005, 12:23:47 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • yeah, it was frustrating.  i rushed like hell to make the 5:23 train out and was really stoked, pulled up at a usually dependable spot for those conditions and found absolutely nothing, sand really seems effed there.  went to another spot west of there that works on other tides and found it super crowded with only a few who knew what they were doing.  one was a young kid in a vertical checkerboard boardie who was blowing my mind with the speed and manuevers he got off of the backwashy, weak shorey that we were all surfing.  had a 12 or 13 yr old kid drop in on me going straight after i both yelled and went high to throw a lil spray, and he somehow managed to take me out.  of course his board slams me in the back of the head.  i was more than a little heated and apparently according to my buddy was too loud and aggressive in my comments afterwards given 'it's only a waist high day.'  my stance is, if they don't learn on a waist high day, the head high days are going to be alot more dangerous.  protocol shouldn't relax according to wave size.  also felt like i was doing my good deed for the day letting a guy talking about a recent east trip in on where the sand has moved but apparently he knows better than i.  next time i'll keep my mouth shut.  gorgeous sunset.  for once on the way home with the windows down the hot air felt good :)

Psycho

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2005, 07:33:03 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Naw speak up man! Its a serious issue. I stuck up for a guy John thats had a mouth out for me for a long time & we still give each other tuants but he got dropped in on buy this guy who is a local (Tho he only surfs when its sunny) that dropped in on John & when John called him on it later paddling back out, then said, "IT was My wave!" I just looked at him & said No man, he had the right of the wave, If you have someone behind you, you dropped on him & he just mumbled under his breathe & paddled away & went down the beach.
    But, Glad everyone scored, I had an epic day.

Great times!!!!

happy

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2005, 08:46:20 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • after literally running from the train to my house and then running to the beach, bits of cliff bar flying out of my mouth, the mega high tide was pretty disappointing. after about a half an hour of frustration, i grabbed the nearest surf buddy and asked, "want to go on a field trip?" we moseyed down the beach away from the crowds waiting on shore pound to a peak that was working closer to my house. good call. nothing huge but the bottom of the wave would suck in right after the take off, making for a real fun drop and a little face time here and there. stayed out until i just couldn't see. so the sprint was worth it after all!

Offline Spindrift

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 3
    • Soft hated: 1
      • View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: July 21, 2005, 10:46:12 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • When I first got to the beach the main jetty was working just great. but it was packed, so i decided to take advantage of my sponge status and wander east towards the box and muff. psycho you said they kicked you out of them, but they let me stay. well, they kept blowing their whistles from the chair but i ignored them. even though i had every wave to myself they were all closing out. i walked past the muff another beach but not luck. i finally turned around and just went back to the main jetty with the zoo. turned out only a few guys were sitting right next to the jetty and i did finally scroe a few decent rides and got lucky that nobody dropped in on me. i thanked one guy fr not going who was about to drop in, and he said no problem, it was your wave. 

the tide is obviously what killed it for those of us who had dissapointing sessoins. that HUGE FULL moon obviously added to the situation.

Psycho

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2005, 12:35:47 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Wow, I scored then. It was good while I was there. The Box was the best, Glassy, huge & hallow. I was gettin deep pits & getting spit right out.

Offline HydroGlide

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 133
    • Soft hated: 6
      • View Profile
    « Reply #38 on: July 21, 2005, 12:44:28 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • This AM was turned into shorebreak by the tide too but it didn't stop the crowds, first time in a long time that I saw that many members on the army of the unand/orunderemployed school aged boys and girls get out of bed before 6AM.  Looked like spring break with shortboards. When does school start again?

Offline surfnli

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 17
    • Soft hated: 2
      • View Profile
    « Reply #39 on: July 21, 2005, 03:19:01 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • you wouldn't believe last night.  the beach i surfed was like an anthill and surfers were the ants.  it was CRAWLING with them!  there was a steady stream coming over the dunes.  unreal numbers.  good thing most were unskilled or it would have sucked wavewise.  i shudder to think of what ny will be like years from now.