Author Topic: Anyone been to Vietnam?  (Read 1803 times)

Offline ez_ed

• SFSC
  • Local Hero (Platinum)
  • Liked: 68
  • Soft hated: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone been to Vietnam?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 11:01:53 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • you guys are silly - I'm still missing out on 3 whole continents!  NEver been to S.America or Australia or Antartica.  Working on s.a., but it's getting more difficult.

Nasty - how do you look in a wig & womens cloths?  i got invited to a wedding in bogota Colombia in september and i wasnt gonna bring a date  ;D.   actually i planned on meeting my own shakira while i was there but...

not bad actually.  i think there may be a picture that my wife has somewhere, lol..  but seriously, you definitely want to hit a columbian wedding solo anyway - or maybe with a single wingman (i'd say frrockster, but he's got that jealousy streak in him sometimes).  One of my best friends married a columbian and i heard some stories about weddings down there (and saw some pics) from her brothers.  Jeez.  Plus you got the ecuadorian and venezuelan women in the area too - it's like J-Bay, Pipe, and G-land all right next door to each other...  and I'm sure they'll love your tight toned package.

One cautionary note - you do have to be kinda careful about security down there.  Don't go flashing around the fact that you're an american or may have or know people with money.  Kidnappings have been a problem.  My friend's family travels around with automatic-armed bodyguards and dummy vehicles/caravans.  You should be able to keep a relatively low profile, but it's something to keep in mind.

not even 100% sure if i can go but its a colombian jew... the colombian jews are some of the wealthiest families in south america - i am sure there will be high security. 

i have never met a bad looking colombian woman!!

www.colombiansingles.com

Go get you some.

Offline boyeee

• SFSC
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 1
    • Soft hated: 0
    • ...feelin' great since '78
      • AOL Instant Messenger - gleib99
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: June 16, 2007, 12:09:50 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • hahaha mucho grassy-ass amigro! hahah
    team freeloader!

Offline onefinookas

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 322
    • Soft hated: 12
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #17 on: June 16, 2007, 05:30:38 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • you guys are silly - I'm still missing out on 3 whole continents!  NEver been to S.America or Australia or Antartica.  Working on s.a., but it's getting more difficult.

Nasty - how do you look in a wig & womens cloths?  i got invited to a wedding in bogota Colombia in september and i wasnt gonna bring a date  ;D.   actually i planned on meeting my own shakira while i was there but...

not bad actually.  i think there may be a picture that my wife has somewhere, lol..  but seriously, you definitely want to hit a columbian wedding solo anyway - or maybe with a single wingman (i'd say frrockster, but he's got that jealousy streak in him sometimes).  One of my best friends married a columbian and i heard some stories about weddings down there (and saw some pics) from her brothers.  Jeez.  Plus you got the ecuadorian and venezuelan women in the area too - it's like J-Bay, Pipe, and G-land all right next door to each other...  and I'm sure they'll love your tight toned package.

One cautionary note - you do have to be kinda careful about security down there.  Don't go flashing around the fact that you're an american or may have or know people with money.  Kidnappings have been a problem.  My friend's family travels around with automatic-armed bodyguards and dummy vehicles/caravans.  You should be able to keep a relatively low profile, but it's something to keep in mind.

not even 100% sure if i can go but its a colombian jew... the colombian jews are some of the wealthiest families in south america - i am sure there will be high security. 

i have never met a bad looking colombian woman!!

I have had the unfortunate pleasure of seeing some ugly columbians.  Ungh.
    "paddleboarding is bullshlt, where's my wine" anonymous

Offline Justin-PI

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 3
    • "Heavens to Murgatroid ...EVEN!!!"
      • AOL Instant Messenger - meanlittlechimp
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 12:03:37 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • back to the topic at hand!!!!!!   Waves in August in Vietnam? Kinda doubt it. Don't wanna piss away vacation days for a 2 foot longboard waves.
    "ZEEEE GERMANS???!!!!"
    -T'kish

Offline little_nasty

• Administrator
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 22
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 03:01:12 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • dude - but there's so much more to vietnam than surf.  i'd go just for the amazing embroidered baby clothes that you can get there for a couple bucks.  The time shift experience back to the 50s/60s in Hanoi is really interesting.  It's also a good education in historical perspective as you'll gain a new appreciation for the peaceful philosophy of Ho Chi Minh and how we were totally defeated in the vietnam and how they basically kicked our asses out.

but anyway, the surf is not terribly consistent, but mid-June to Nov actually happens to be the best time for surf with typhoon season on the SW monsoon.  You can also get some decent windswell on the NE monsoon Octoberish till March, but you'll definitely want to be south of nha trang to escape the onshores.

Offline guppy

• Local Access
    • Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 6
      • View Profile
      • www.surfingrtw.com
    « Reply #20 on: June 18, 2007, 03:11:09 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Vietnam is in the top three favorite countries that i've been to.

Some of the things I loved about it were the open air restaurants where you grill your own marinated meat, with a cooler full of beer under the table that you just pay-as-you-drink (Bo Tung Xeo is a good one in Ho Chi Minh City), the fact that you can live like a king for $30 a day, Asian/French culture in Hanoi, Vietnamese coffee with condensed sweet milk, the food, the food and the food.
    www.surfingrtw.com

Around the world, one wave at a time...

Offline Sandshark

• Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 10:37:32 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • my bro said he had really awesome food in vietnam.  in cambodia, not so much.

Offline Justin-PI

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
      • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 11:35:18 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • i'd go just for the amazing embroidered baby clothes that you can get there for a couple bucks. 

Uhhhhmmmmm....???? :o :o :o
    "ZEEEE GERMANS???!!!!"
    -T'kish

Offline little_nasty

• Administrator
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 22
      • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 11:49:25 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • i'd go just for the amazing embroidered baby clothes that you can get there for a couple bucks. 

sure laugh it up, but like 8 years ago we bought some stuff like a baby blanket for a few bucks with these cute little embroidered mice riding bikes or something on it.  The only thing i've seen ever marginally similar and not nearly as cute was $260.  just throwing it out there fwiw.  i wish i'd bought more.

Offline Justin-PI

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
      • View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 02:11:55 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down

sure laugh it up, but like 8 years ago we bought some stuff like a baby blanket for a few bucks with these cute little embroidered mice riding bikes or something on it.  The only thing i've seen ever marginally similar and not nearly as cute was $260.  just throwing it out there fwiw.  i wish i'd bought more.

I wouldn't be expecting too many baby sitting gigs, chief.
    "ZEEEE GERMANS???!!!!"
    -T'kish

Dave_in_NJ

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 04:35:32 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • actually my friend just got back from there, check out Sandy Beach Resort in Da Nang, PM me for info

www.colombiansingles.com

dag man, that is sad. Someone should send that to Skip from NY surf, looks right up his alley I don't know who I feel more sorry for, the fat creepy American losers or the Columbian whores singles they're going after

Offline Justin-PI

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
      • View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: July 15, 2007, 06:27:46 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • p.s. i think it's flat in august, unfortunately.

so I hear. I'm proly gonna take a raincheck. Morrocco in November and vaca days must be used wisely.
    "ZEEEE GERMANS???!!!!"
    -T'kish