Author Topic: Noseriding tip that I got.  (Read 2874 times)

Offline rancidkangaroo

• Liked: 0
  • Soft hated: 0
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Noseriding tip that I got.
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 10:21:27 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • its funny what the guys in the know fight over at the manasquan contest.  Ususally the proper the cc rider and the late model performers.  When wingnut was there he was gaga over a Morey/Pope Blue Machine again a board with no nose concave but the fin is also off center, another bad ass design theory.

the fin is off center? i am curious, what does that do design-wise?

Offline PTSD

• Administrator
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 30
    • http://abtsliving.com/2.0/
      • AOL Instant Messenger - bigpox
      • View Profile
      • ABTS Living
      • Email
    « Reply #16 on: May 03, 2007, 10:37:04 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • also what side is it off center to, wave side or beach side.

does it only work on a point break?

Offline waveslider

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 38
    • Soft hated: 3
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 12:07:45 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down

• 1967 MOREY-POPE 'BLUE MACHINE'

The Morey-Pope 'BLUE MACHINE' is a difficult to locate board and this is a very unusual clear version with asymmetrical fin layup!...Only one I've seen like it. This beautiful 9'6" was built in 1967 serial # 3276. CLEAR LAYUP/ORIGINAL SLIPCHECK APPLICATION BY STENCIL DONE BY FACTORY, BALSA WEDGE STRINGER SET IN WITH BLACK GLUE BORDERS,MATCHING BLACK TAILBLOCK W/MOREY POPE LAMINATE... DECK EXCELLENT WITH MINOR PRESSURE DINGS AND SHATTERS DINGS..... SHOWS NICELY. BOTTOM OF BOARD HAS MILD TANNING. FINBOX IS SET ASYMMETRICALLY TO STARBOARD AND SHOWS SOME WATER INTRUSION INTO BALSA. NO DELAMINATION .... BLACK/GRAY POLY FIN GOES WITH BOARD,LOOKS GOOD! SKEG IS A WHITE POLYPROPLENE W/ WONDER BOLT, IT IS WORN WITH HAZING AND CHIPS, SOMEWHAT BRITTLE WITH AGE.... REMOVABLE WITH WONDER BOLT FASTENER. Overall board condition 8 ish. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS! Will be $75 to pack and ship to Delta cargo office near most major airports.

found this one looks interesting

Offline TropicalCreations

• Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 0
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #18 on: May 03, 2007, 12:21:27 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Think airplane wing. The concave provides lift. Of course thats my theory and I may be talking out my ass because I konw nothing of long boards.

Your right on, its all about lift created by the concave, also a thicker floatier board helps, i just bought a tak Nr2 9'6 last weekend, and the concave is unreal, i have yet to ride it in any serious juice but i cant allready tell ill be pulling full tens no prob. ;D

Offline Mark E

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 57
    • Soft hated: 4
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: May 03, 2007, 12:33:30 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Dangle a tea spoon in a stream of water, first one side then the other to understand how convex and concave surfaces work.
    "Take care of your knees, you'll miss them when they are gone"

jscottk

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2007, 12:39:17 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I have never trully been convinced that the concave was just there to catch wind from off shore breezes.
    I have ridden some harbours with their extreme nose channels, it seemed as though you could steer from the nose.
    It also seemed like paddling a barge when they were not perfectlly plane-ing

The Byzak I have has a lot of concave
    The Bing I just got has very little, some but no where near the same amount
    The first noseride on it this morning was not as stable as the Byzak, mind you there is also a pretty big difference in width as well.
    That said the Bing is a speed demon compared to the Byzak, total section maker...

The Bing has overall a little more Rocker
    The Byzak is pretty flat, and a step deck

« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 12:42:51 PM by jscottk »