Author Topic: Interested in the City of Long Beach's ongoing recovery effort? City Council Meeting TONIGHT!  (Read 387 times)

Offline SeaCliff

• Administrator
  • Local Hero (Platinum)
  • Liked: 776
  • Soft hated: 35
  • Captain GoodVibes
  • Mac OS X 10.7.5 Mac OS X 10.7.5
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 23.0.1271.97 Chrome 23.0.1271.97
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SurfRxNY
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - surfrxny
    • View Profile
    • NYNJSurf.com: Surf Information for LI and the Jersey Shore...
    • Email
Want to know what's going on with Federal Grants to the City, the cleanup effort in general, boardwalk repair, sand replacement and replenishment? That and MORE is on the docket for tonight's City Council meeting - 7:30PM in City Hall.

Come out and find out what's happening!

See y'all there...
Webmaster, NYNJSurf.com - Follow NYNJSurf on Instagram - click here ---> @NYNJSurf - Site Comments, questions or requests? Email me! [email protected]

Offline SeaCliff

• Administrator
  • Local Hero (Platinum)
  • Liked: 776
  • Soft hated: 35
  • Captain GoodVibes
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 23.0.1271.97 Chrome 23.0.1271.97
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SurfRxNY
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - surfrxny
    • View Profile
    • NYNJSurf.com: Surf Information for LI and the Jersey Shore...
    • Email
Well..amongst other things, the boardwalk demo contract was approved - complete demolition and removal slated to be completed by the end of January, in (hopefully) plenty of time for the Polar Bear Plunge in February on Superbowl Sunday - assuming there are no delays.

When and what reconstruction will be like, either no one knows yet or was saying.
Webmaster, NYNJSurf.com - Follow NYNJSurf on Instagram - click here ---> @NYNJSurf - Site Comments, questions or requests? Email me! [email protected]

Online nydubstar

• Regular (Silver)
  • Liked: 46
  • Soft hated: 1
  • Browser:
  • Safari 5.1.7 Safari 5.1.7
    • View Profile
the article I read seems to indicate the complete removal of all wood, railings, exterior structures, and ramps; the concrete pilings are apparently staying, as they should...what is strange is that they actually started rebuilding the eastern end of the boardwalk near my house already? I am not referring to the existing work that was stalled prior to the storm, but actual new boards and supports being laid down...