Author Topic: NSSA states on Sunday  (Read 732 times)

Offline olewalrus

• Regular (Silver)
  • Liked: 25
  • Soft hated: 0
  • if your not having fun, get out of the water.....
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 7.0 Safari 7.0
    • View Profile
NSSA states on Sunday
« on: October 18, 2014, 10:13:36 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Scheduled for lbi in the leftover swells from hurricane G.....offshore winds and chilly.    But, perhaps most interesting, 85 heats scheduled!    Really?    Hope your running multiple beaches...may need to reconsider the number of squads a school can enter.    I know there is a desire to include everybody, but it is the fall championships....only the best from each school team?    Tacitly, lower rated surfers could be used to 'block' other teams. Now I know no coach would stoop to such things, but, the temptation when your fielding six squads would exist.   Back in the '80s , teams only put in two squads, that changed in the 90's ......it worked sort of.    Moving out of ocean city is a nice touch, hope it all works out.     Stay warm...

Offline SeaCliff

• Administrator
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 774
    • Soft hated: 35
    • Captain GoodVibes
    • Mac OS X 10.9.4 Mac OS X 10.9.4
    • Browser:
    • Safari 7.0.5 Safari 7.0.5
      • AOL Instant Messenger - SurfRxNY
      • Yahoo Instant Messenger - surfrxny
      • View Profile
      • NYNJSurf.com: Surf Information for LI and the Jersey Shore...
      • Email
    Re: NSSA states on Sunday
    « Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 10:54:37 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Scheduled for lbi in the leftover swells from hurricane G.....offshore winds and chilly.    But, perhaps most interesting, 85 heats scheduled!    Really?    Hope your running multiple beaches...may need to reconsider the number of squads a school can enter.    I know there is a desire to include everybody, but it is the fall championships....only the best from each school team?    Tacitly, lower rated surfers could be used to 'block' other teams. Now I know no coach would stoop to such things, but, the temptation when your fielding six squads would exist.   Back in the '80s , teams only put in two squads, that changed in the 90's ......it worked sort of.    Moving out of ocean city is a nice touch, hope it all works out.     Stay warm...

Yikes. Running 15 minute heats with no break in the action, 86 heats is 21.5 hours worth of surfing. At that rate this late in the year, even double beaching it won't be enough to get everything in before dark.
    Webmaster, NYNJSurf.com - Follow NYNJSurf on Instagram - click here ---> @NYNJSurf - Site Comments, questions or requests? Email me! [email protected]

Offline olewalrus

• Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 25
    • Soft hated: 0
    • if your not having fun, get out of the water.....
    • Mac OS X Mac OS X
    • Browser:
    • Safari 7.0 Safari 7.0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 08:10:07 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • A week later and I've seen no posted results, but I haven't looked all that hard.   Heard from one parent that they left the beach after 10.5 hours and it was still lurching along at 4:30......

Offline CJsurf

• Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 49
    • Soft hated: 2
    • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
    • Browser:
    • Chrome 38.0.2125.104 Chrome 38.0.2125.104
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 08:24:36 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I was there aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllll daaaaaaaaaayyyyy looooooooooooooonggggg!!!!!!

Finished up with 10 minutes to spare before dark.  Location sucked.  Walled up closeouts that were barely ridable or completely unridable most of the day.  Meanwhile Ocean City and most of the state had good surf.