Author Topic: The Da Vinci Code  (Read 789 times)

Offline skSURF

• Local Access
  • Local Hero (Platinum)
  • Liked: 1
  • Soft hated: 0
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Da Vinci Code
« on: August 03, 2005, 03:58:46 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I can't believe they are thinking about changing the story line for the movie.

http://nytimes.com/2005/08/07/movies/07waxm.html?hp&ex=1123128000&en=f744aad5d8265069&ei=5094&partner=homepage

jscottk

Re: The Da Vinci Code
    « Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 04:46:28 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I cant believe that at last count according to Us weekly, the auother was worth more then 72 million dollars.

If you take away the only semi accurate religious holistic babble, it is a realllllllllly lame detective story.

Bubbala

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 05:00:40 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I cant believe that at last count according to Us weekly, the auother was worth more then 72 million dollars.

If you take away the only semi accurate religious holistic babble, it is a realllllllllly lame detective story.
    You have just admitted to reading BOTH Us Weekly AND the DaVinci Code.  Frankly, I expected better from you. 

Mims

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 05:28:11 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • What kind of cowardly, pussified bullshit is this? Are they kidding? Ooooh, we don't want to offend the devout Christians. If they're so farking devout, they won't care. This is bullshit. They want to take out the main plotline of Jesus and Mary Magdalene having kids? So what if they did? Argh....just farking, aaarrrgh.

Psycho

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 09:42:42 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • hey this is the new conservo world, we cant have people lookin at stuff & freely thinking about it, we gotta force the old stuff down their throats so they can make sure everyone agrees with it & buys the DVD after making Billions on the movie.

No room for thinking here. Just follow.

jscottk

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 12:24:14 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • My wife is working on the US weekly Advertisment campainge, so we are literally getting paid to read it, and as far as the D-code, hey I wanted to see what the hub bub was about.
    But I understand your concern, I quicklly read another Chuck Palahniuk book to get the taste out of my mouth...

I cant believe that at last count according to Us weekly, the auother was worth more then 72 million dollars.

You have just admitted to reading BOTH Us Weekly AND the DaVinci Code.  Frankly, I expected better from you. 

Offline surfnli

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 17
    • Soft hated: 2
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 01:12:50 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • da vinci code--brought to you by amherst college

jscottk

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 04:45:03 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Like the book or not the idea that SONY is going to tame the already timid just to please the already stupid makes me feel ill.

Offline VenturaLocal

• Local Access
    • Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 0
    • Soft hated: 0
    • Some day, I'll surf every day
      • AOL Instant Messenger - Stigbk
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 07:26:00 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • If Tim Burton decides to team up with Quintin Terrintino - I may think about seeing it