Author Topic: So Jive!  (Read 708 times)

Psycho

So Jive!
« on: July 27, 2005, 06:52:44 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • yesterday at the hieghth of the heat, the city asked people in bed Stuy, Greenpoint & pretty much all the other far out neighborhoods to cut off their air conditioning, The they cut poweer to some locations & Bloomberg himself tried to make the people of those communityies feel bad by saying, "When you open those Fire hiydrants & let the kids play in the water, your harming people. If there was a fire right now we could not supply enough water to put it out."

But no one ever asked anyone in the wealthier areas of BKLN, QENS, or Manhattan at all to stop running air conditioners, burnin unnessecary electricity, No cut offs & no extra water usage, as a matter of fact in Mahattan theres a number you can call & have a special fountain on fire hydrents & the news gave specific phone numbers you can call to have one installed on your block so kids can play in the squirting hydrents. WTF, Ive you live out in Rock, it applies to you too, your not supposed to run an air conditioner at all. Come on now, i live in Brkln, I work hard, Pay about as much rent as some in manhattan & I get black outs & bans on air conditioning? fuq that, I hope we get another black out like  last year or when ever it was. I crankin my shiz up when I get home, just becuase I never do. This is BS!

happy

Re: So Jive!
    « Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 11:06:58 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • i thought the city asks EVERYBODY to cut down unnecessary A/C.

and those squirty fountains don't use a smidgen of the volume of water as an open hydrant.

Offline JoPa

• Local Access
    • Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 0
    • Soft hated: 0
    • gay like a fox
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 12:48:49 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • eff that.. i couldn't survive in this heat w/o air conditioning

i'll turn off every light and every electronic gizmo in my joint, but nobody's touching that a/c
    you shall know my velocity

Psycho

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 01:10:52 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • i thought the city asks EVERYBODY to cut down unnecessary A/C.

and those squirty fountains don't use a smidgen of the volume of water as an open hydrant.

Yeah Everyone is supposed to but they cut power yesterday in the bronx, way up in Queens & way out in Brooklyn. All the lower income areas were cut with out warning, some businesses suffered loss while Manhattan & its closer areas were not asked at all. They even supplied a # for the local people to have an attachment for the Hydrants to make a Fountain as where there was no info given at all in the outskirts of the city where they cut power for many hours in the middle of the day. Allso they reported it once this morning on CBS news & then that was it, nothing else was dicussed. Lame.

They even said Greenpoint may be effected by this in the future. Eff that I live there & pay like the williamsburgers do but again they arent going to be asked to give up anything. Fair is fair, if theres power & water problems then the whole city should contribute not jsut certain areas. I dunno, just sounds whacky to me.

Offline JoPa

• Local Access
    • Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 0
    • Soft hated: 0
    • gay like a fox
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 01:21:33 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Have you considered writing your city councilman?
    you shall know my velocity

Psycho

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 07:02:12 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Yes... I have written on so many issues.