Author Topic: GAS  (Read 2721 times)

Psycho

Re: GAS
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2005, 07:00:19 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I know, I have been avoiding filling mine becuase I know its gonna be round 40 beans. RRRRRRRRR!

Offline little_nasty

• Administrator
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 29
    • Soft hated: 1
      • View Profile
    « Reply #31 on: August 28, 2005, 04:40:55 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • If your referring to his policies towards Venezuela and worries over destabilization of the middle east. I don't think your accurate.  I would be a little more conservative with my guestimate like 10-15 ppb(which is still considerable). Rregardless of the finer points I’m not defending him or his policies. I just want people to be aware that the problem is not just with the current administration but also with global trends.

No matter what its going to get worse and the current estimates of oil reserves are completely off because, demand and production are increasing faster then predicted.
    i'm not.. but that's okay.. we'll talk about it some other time.  but yea, the global s&d picture is what it is.

psycho - the problem with globalization is that it's completely inevitable.  Failure to respond to it (though sometimes painful) is detrimental to our economy as a whole (and i don't mean just big business).  Countries in the past that have resisted with isolationist/protectionist policies have suffered mightily in the long run.  It's just the wrong thing to do.  The big problem is that the economic cycle of globalization has been compressed well short of generational job careers making for very difficult transitions.  There are remedies and mitigating policies, but it's a tough complicated problem.

Offline three_fins_out

• SFSC
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 35
    • Soft hated: 3
      • View Profile
    « Reply #32 on: August 28, 2005, 07:03:47 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • As an aside, I am kinda happy that oil is priced so high.  maybe it will finally make alternative energies cost competitive and force some energy spending habits to change and get some SUV guzzlers off the road.

this is a great point and one that i believe to be 100% true. feel kinda sorry for those folks in the big suvs but not really. at some point the good ol U of S of A is gona have to change its priorities a bit. hopefully we'll start to see more investment in public transit and smart growth/urban renewal in addition to a push on alternative energies. 
    can you here me now...good

Offline dynamite

• Local Access
    • Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 1
    • Soft hated: 0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: August 28, 2005, 09:07:04 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I'm glad I gave up the SUV for a V-4, 140 hp, Honda Accord...fill it up once every 7-9 days or so....still want the SUV with 4WD back though...I miss it.
    howdy