Author Topic: dunk on a tuesday  (Read 2804 times)

Offline PTSD

• Administrator
  • Local Hero (Platinum)
  • Liked: 30
  • Soft hated: 0
  • http://abtsliving.com/2.0/
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bigpox
    • View Profile
    • ABTS Living
    • Email
dunk on a tuesday
« on: August 02, 2005, 10:23:22 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • yo its crime free nite in rock, i had a large jin and tonic, and a glass of wine, for those of you that know me know i'm flying right about now. the fireworks were cool , we walked Darla, surfed some picked up dog poo, life is good, i still hate work but its better then being poor. its so cold at the beach and so hot in brooklyn, i love this place, my friends my beautiful wife the dogds in the hoods man thank you  thank you all  surfing has saved me from TV, it save me from the internet it saved me from work.  oh judge judy looks likes a crack head,  little mean biatch that she is .... some one needs an intervention.... mio

Offline Årne Longbörgenssen

• Global Moderator
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 310
    • Soft hated: 6
    • Gil wouldn't go....
      • View Profile
    Re: dunk on a tuesday
    « Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 08:31:40 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • yeah baby.
    The energy contained in one kilogram of thorium
    equals four thousand tons of coal

Psycho

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 08:36:02 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • bro,Im trying to slowly convince the gal to take the plung. just so you know, her exact words last time it was discussed was, " SS & SB are there & I love them so much, I guess I could see myself there becuase we do have a few good friends there like Tim & RD & Happy, I mean these are the people I espire to be around most of the days anyway. I dunno, I just Dont know." I was jealous when you guys & the Mario fam went out for Sushi together last weekend in LB.

Right now her coomute has been about an hour to an hour & a half everyday, whats the dif right? ;) I would have to give up my job to live there but who knows. We could have martini hight caps everynight on the porch or boardwalk with good frinds. that alone is priceless to me bro. Im so jealous of you guys.
    Oh yeah & I almost forgot abut then surf, evening sessions with friends. I know its not glamorous out there but who needs glamour? Rules of living in the ghetto, shop during the day, stay close to home at night. Im down, just gotta convince the lady.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 08:40:34 AM by Psycho »

Jake

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 09:53:48 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • b" SS & SB are there & I love them so much, I guess I could see myself there becuase we do have a few good friends there like Tim & RD & Happy,

gee than for all the love...

Psycho

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 10:00:29 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • She said that she does love you too but everytime she gets near you she gets cought like a small fish in a sea urchin in your back hair. ;D

Offline Crackie Onassis

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 206
    • Soft hated: 13
    • Are you down with the people?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 10:46:39 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • If anyone is up for it, I'm willing to give movie night another go.

Of course, the first screening will have to be Billy Jack.

Here's a recent review from the IMDB:

I was a teenager when this movie came out. I've not seen it in years and found it on a bargain DVD the other night. While the matter of whether or not this is great film-making may be up for debate, there is no doubt in my mind that this is one of the most accurate records on film of what is was to be a hippie (or a freak) in the early 70's. If all you know about this is from watching "That 70's Show", this movie should be an eye-opener. I just have to make a few comments about some of the other reviews here. The musical performances were not polished and professional, however, in 1971, we weren't looking for that. We loved to sit around with other freaks and sing songs together. We liked that better than listening to the radio. We didn't play CDs at our parties, we sang for each other. Some of us had bad voices, but we didn't care. It wasn't karaoke, we wrote our own songs. This movie portrays what it was all about. The drama scenes were excellent. I was doing that kind of improv in my Jr. High Drama class. We did those kind of skits at summer camp. This again, was very common back in the day. I remember the redneck as well. I grew up in a western town and part of being a freak was that you got a lot of harassment from the rednecks. They'd gang up on you and try to cut your hair. This was really not an uncommon thing. This movie showed some contradiction of violence and the peace movement. Most of us had all of that inside of us at the time. We were influenced by Gandhi and Bruce Lee. We listened to Joan Baez and Black Sabbath. This movie hit home with so many of us because it's two main characters (Billy & Jean) were the two sides of our own psyche trying to make sense of the world around us. While the acting talent may be in question, I found the characters to be very real and many reminded me of people I grew up with. If this movie was to be remade, I doubt they could find an actor to deliver such authenticity. For anyone interested in knowing what the world was really like in 1971, this film will take you there.
    So heavy you can't even pick it up.

Psycho

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 10:52:28 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • we should do this but if its durring the week, im screwed.

If we were to move out there, how would yall feel about a game night where people play board games. Jessica used to have it like every wednesday night. People would pile into the downtown Brooklyn ghetto apartment just to get into "Scatagory" or "pictionary". That would be a big ups to move becuase since we hang at the beach so much our city folk dont come round to much & Game night has been lostfor almost 3 years now.

• Global Moderator
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Gil wouldn't go....
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 11:01:36 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • every night is game night in rockaway

Offline Crackie Onassis

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 206
    • Soft hated: 13
    • Are you down with the people?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 11:02:13 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I have a kick ass Deluxe Scrabble set with the built in lazy susan feature.
    So heavy you can't even pick it up.

• Global Moderator
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Gil wouldn't go....
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 11:08:28 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • thats a terrible thing to say about happy

Mims

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 11:10:24 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I haven't played monopoly in years.

Offline Sandshark

• SFSC
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 0
    • Soft hated: 0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 11:37:55 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • thomas/jess,
    you guys should def. move out to rock.  we can be the pioneers and set up a little community out here in the wild wild east.  it's so lovely to live by the ocean and yet be so close to some of your coolest friends.  we love the new house/apt we're in.  the neighbas and doggies are awesome.  now i run home after work, even when there's no surf, because i just like being there.  so the amenities are lacking.  they'll come!

and then we'll bring mcfloatie, frocky, and all you other surf rats out there!

just do it!  (we didn't even need a fan last night...)

Offline Shacky

• Global Moderator
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 87
    • Soft hated: 3
      • AOL Instant Messenger - mcfloater
      • View Profile
      • CONDO
    « Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 11:58:33 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • i plan on beating them out there ;)
    You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.

http://www.condotheband.com

• Global Moderator
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Gil wouldn't go....
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: August 03, 2005, 12:09:49 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • jeez. sounds great. me and the mrs are thinking of moving out there.

Psycho

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2005, 01:42:32 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Yeah its something Jess has just begun to think about. Just becuase of all the friends. She wouldve said 3 months ago,

"Are you crazy? you couldnt pay me enough to move out there, its cold in the winter, Its ghettoish at night & Ive had enough ghetto in my life in the past & to be honest the commut to work would be out of this world."

Now after Surfing again & knowing all you guys she's actually seemed to consider it considering now her commute is probabaly less then where we are now. Plus we have a very relaxed atmosphere at home. We live right next door to the WillyBurger but rarely go out there. if we were in NSSS wee'd be next door to LB, i dont know what the difference would be other than the beachy culture. I dunno, I guess we'll see whats up. I now theres been alotta talk about shackin up with people if we did move but to be honest I think being married & having to put uyp with a roomate now is getting tiresom & we are def in need of our own lil place. I think it would give su some peace in our lives to be honest,we'd save money, be around you all & have fun waking up everymorning on the beach & coming home to a beach full of smilin buddies every frickin day. I dunno, I can only wish right now.