Author Topic: Witness To a Tragedy  (Read 623 times)

Offline skSURF

• Local Access
  • Local Hero (Platinum)
  • Liked: 1
  • Soft hated: 0
    • View Profile
    • Email
Witness To a Tragedy
« on: July 27, 2005, 03:48:43 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Something I wrote after  I had come back to work.

I would like to first extend my deepest sympathy to those who are missing loved ones.

Tuesday September 11 was a day I will never forget.  The events of the day are still burned in my minds eye and may never be erased.  Throughout all of the horror I saw things that made me proud to be a part of the United States of America. The humanity and giving of complete strangers that made a day of tragedy bearable.  People were distributing freely water, drinks, food, shoes, and sometimes-just comfort.

I would like to take this opportunity to talk about things to come and not the day’s events that I witnessed. It is important in this time of loss and festering emotions that are in some cases leading to anger to remember why this nation is great. The dream of America is far reaching and knows no boundaries of race, nationality, and religion.  There are people I know and love who are from the regions of those that executed this act and I would be crushed to hear the rage that is building in America was focused on them.

I am asking that if you do hear a comment by anyone even slightly suggesting violence or hate against an entire race, nationality or religion in America.  That you remind them of the dream that is shared by some many and has defined this nation to the world.

God Bless the United States of America and God Bless the Innocent who are near our Enemies