Author Topic: Warning for anyone coming to Rockaway  (Read 2116 times)

Offline malibu casey

• Site Photographer
  • Local (Gold)
  • Liked: 4
  • Soft hated: 1
  • lowbrow but I rock a little knowhow
    • View Profile
    • nycwahine.com
Warning for anyone coming to Rockaway
« on: July 12, 2008, 09:26:58 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I'm sure alot of you have heard, but due the high number of recent thefts (or for some other reason, who knows) they are giving out tickets for leaving your stuff on the sand while you surf.  They were at it again last night pulling people out of the water and walking up and down the beach looking for unattended bags.  My friend who is a detective in another precinct mentioned that if a cell phone or credit card is stolen, it makes it a grand larceny, which means the precincts numbers will look bad.  I guess that's their method of preventing crime.  Anyway, if you're coming here, don't leave anything around.  There, my good deed of the day is done.
    look around, look around, look around. all around, all around, all around

Offline TropicalCreations

• Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 0
    • Soft hated: 0
      • View Profile
      • Email
    Re: Warning for anyone coming to Rockaway
    « Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 09:42:33 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • WOW..... Actually I was talking to a girl last night that got her stuff gone done stolen in da rock yesterday.

Offline sman

• Local (Gold)
    • Liked: 36
    • Soft hated: 4
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 06:38:17 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • i'd take that over getting a ticket for talking on my cell phone while driving anyday. You gotta be nuts to leave anything on that beach unattended anyhow. Just gotta figure what is going to cost you more, getting your stuff stolen or paying the ticket, simple cost analysis.

Offline 2wordsilivehere

• Semi-Regular (Bronze)
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 08:39:54 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • yeah the cops see the stuff getting stolen and want THEIR piece of the action...LETS ROB THEM TOO!!!typical nyc.
    remember,dont drop in on the locals.

Offline Ya Motha!

• Local Hero (Platinum)
    • big time!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 10:18:30 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Does the NYPD ever prevent crime? Protect and serve? Well, they are definately good at "serving" warrants and tickets. I think thats the biggest bullsh*t form of law enforcement I've ever heard of. It's all frigging politics . I guess everyone who comes to the beach will need to rent a spot out.
    Why doesn't the parks dept. provide lockers for peoples valuables?
    How about a sting operation? We could set the b*tches up!
    Religion is for people who are afraid to go to hell. Spirituality is for people who been to hell and don't want to go back.

Offline PSYCHO

• SFSC
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 25
    • Just add water
      • View Profile
      • Earthmovers
    « Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 02:43:33 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • NO they prevent good people. If you commit Crimes your rewarded by helping good innocent people become a complete nuisance. Sucks that its America. What a farking police state they got set up. Its harder to prevent crime, it requires them to get off their lazy azzes so its easier to just ticket to poor folks with no way home soken wet asking what to do. Its a farking Joke, what is this a 3rd world country? I feel bad because it happened to a couple last week. Then instead of trying to find out who was trashing the beach last night by tipping over every frickin garbage can from 90th up, they decide to ticket/summons a couple from the party that decided to have a romantic seat in the sand holding hands under the moonlight.

WE NEED TO GET EVEREY farking SURFER OR NON SURFER TO THE MONTHLY POLICE MEETINGS & FUCKEN SHOW A SIGN OF FORCE IN NUMBERS & DISGUST. CALL ANY FRIENDS YOU HAVE IN THE MEDIA BUSINESS & FINALLY START EMBARRASSING THESE FUCKIN IDOITS SO THE CITY PAYS ATTENTION. But I know no one will becuase most the peole who surf here com in from where ever the fark they live & dont give a flying brown trout unless theres a little wave to kook around on. GIVE BACK, gather & do something for someone else & go to the meetings on the 3rd Wednesday of every month.

BB knows everything, ask or post here about it & please help make this brown trout right for a change!

Homestar

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 04:13:09 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • So basically you can't go to rockaway without a car, a bungalow o a friend in the area...that blows.

HSR

jscottk

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 08:17:46 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down

• How about a sting operation? We could set the b*tches up!

That would take an effort..
    The angry at everything and everyone lady cop I talked too, did not even know where the Hammels were and did not care to know (quote)
    This is by far the incompetent solution to crime I have ever seen.

So basically you can't go to rockaway without a car, a bungalow o a friend in the area...that blows.

Considering the crowds this weekend...I wont go there but....

Offline RayG

• Hoon
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 189
    • Soft hated: 10
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 09:33:19 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • So basically you can't go to rockaway without a car, a bungalow o a friend in the area...that blows.

HSR

Bring a non-surfing friend? Make a few bucks by having a bag check service.
    Sent from Coleco Vision NEC Zilog Z80A CPU

Offline 16ASteadyrock

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 07:46:22 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I'm starting to really hate summer...
    Wookin' pa waves...

Offline Bacon

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 263
    • Soft hated: 27
    • 5'2" or nothin' bru
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 08:01:23 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • police arrested one of the no good effing thieves yesterday. Apparently he was surrounded by a group of surfers and had his girlfriend/lookout release a pitbull on the surfers. Someone who witnessed this please give a full report.
    I need the sea because it teaches me.

Offline SeaCliff

• Administrator
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 776
    • Soft hated: 35
    • Captain GoodVibes
      • AOL Instant Messenger - SurfRxNY
      • Yahoo Instant Messenger - surfrxny
      • View Profile
      • NYNJSurf.com: Surf Information for LI and the Jersey Shore...
      • Email
    « Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 08:30:36 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • You'd have to think that the police "solution" to this problem would make for a decent newspaper article or local evening news story - doesnt someone know anyone? C'mon - a policy of ticketing innocent park patrons for enjoying the park? Gotta figire the press would eat this up. And a little bit of press could probably effect a change in policy much faster than anything else.
    Webmaster, NYNJSurf.com - Follow NYNJSurf on Instagram - click here ---> @NYNJSurf - Site Comments, questions or requests? Email me! [email protected]

Offline TropicalCreations

• Local Hero (Platinum)
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 08:41:02 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • police arrested one of the no good effing thieves yesterday. Apparently he was surrounded by a group of surfers and had his girlfriend/lookout release a pitbull on the surfers. Someone who witnessed this please give a full report.
      Thats ridiculous, plenty of shady people in LB but that would never ever happen there. One of the few times I like living in a police state!!

Offline SeaCliff

• Administrator
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 776
    • Soft hated: 35
    • Captain GoodVibes
      • AOL Instant Messenger - SurfRxNY
      • Yahoo Instant Messenger - surfrxny
      • View Profile
      • NYNJSurf.com: Surf Information for LI and the Jersey Shore...
      • Email
    « Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 09:31:13 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
      Thats ridiculous, plenty of shady people in LB but that would never ever happen there. One of the few times I like living in a police state!!

Well, we have our issues on our side of the AB bridge, too - surfed with a friend yesterday who got ticketed for having his dog on the beach - which of course is illegal, but that's not the full story.

He lives in the west end, two houses away from one of the beachway entrances - hears a commotion in the dunes and take his dog, which is permamently crippled with a bandaged front foot up onto the entranceway to get a look - sees some kids scramble out of there with a local enforcement agent chasing them. Of course the kids scatter and get away, but the enforcement agent approaches him and instead of asking if he saw the kids, knew the kids or where they went, proceeds to tell him he saw the dog on the beach and he's issuing him a ticket.

So underage drinking, illegal and dangerous bonfires and everything else be damned, let's make sure we keep LB safe by keeping concerned citizens and their crippled dogs off the beach entranceways.

::)
    Webmaster, NYNJSurf.com - Follow NYNJSurf on Instagram - click here ---> @NYNJSurf - Site Comments, questions or requests? Email me! [email protected]

Offline HydroGlide

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 133
    • Soft hated: 6
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 09:53:15 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • You mean for the first time ever, cops should be able to run faster than the young althletic burnouts and they should stop making a living taking six packs and dime bags off of kids and issuing summons to the slow and easily targeted?