Author Topic: Thank you to the [email protected] that drove his fins through the top of my Hobie Egg  (Read 1281 times)

Offline sir_schadenfreude

• Local Access
  • Local (Gold)
  • Liked: 0
  • Soft hated: 0
  • Have you seen him?
    • View Profile
Thank you to the jackass that bailed mid wave and drove his fins through the top of my Hobie Egg.  May the same luck happen to you one day.
Gracias al jackass que afianzó la onda mediados de y condujo sus aletas a través de la tapa de mi huevo de Hobie. Mayo la misma suerte le sucede un día.
Obrigado ao jackass que afiançou a onda mid e dirigiu suas aletas através do alto de meu ovo de Hobie. Maio a mesma sorte acontece-lhe um dia.

I would not have been in your way if I had not been stuffed by some other jackass.
2 hours mid day, every single wave dropped in on

Um, is there a reason this message is posted in Spanish and Portuguese?  If there is one thing the NS3 can't handle it is the previiously discussed new crowd of super agressive "Brazilians" (who inexplicably all speak Spanish).  I nearly got into it with them on Friday morning after a lot of bullshit blocking and one double-contact incident.  Fortunately my board is no collectors item.  I guess all the regulars have jobs, though, because there wasn't a single bro out there to back me up.  I'm the last guy to get involved in any kind of hassling, and I claim no more than regular status.  There is going to have to be serious regulating of some kind in the near future if this continues, though.  I'm sure the cold will chase them away, but I don't want to wait until the end of hurricane season for that to happen.

Offline surfnstalk

• Local Access
  • Regular (Silver)
  • "just surf....the rest will come later"
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sur4man018
    • View Profile
Random beatings.....i'm tellin' you, it works!!!
"All I need are some tasty waves and a cool buzz and i'm fine"
                      -Sean Penn as Jeff Spicoli, Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)

Psycho

Thank you to the jackass that bailed mid wave and drove his fins through the top of my Hobie Egg.  May the same luck happen to you one day.
Gracias al jackass que afianzó la onda mediados de y condujo sus aletas a través de la tapa de mi huevo de Hobie. Mayo la misma suerte le sucede un día.
Obrigado ao jackass que afiançou a onda mid e dirigiu suas aletas através do alto de meu ovo de Hobie. Maio a mesma sorte acontece-lhe um dia.

I would not have been in your way if I had not been stuffed by some other jackass.

Um, is there a reason this message is posted in Spanish and Portuguese?  If there is one thing the NS3 can't handle it is the previiously discussed new crowd of super agressive "Brazilians" (who inexplicably all speak Spanish).  I nearly got into it with them on Friday morning after a lot of bullbrown trout blocking and one double-contact incident.  Fortunately my board is no collectors item.  I guess all the regulars have jobs, though, because there wasn't a single bro out there to back me up.  I'm the last guy to get involved in any kind of hassling, and I claim no more than regular status.  There is going to have to be serious regulating of some kind in the near future if this continues, though.  I'm sure the cold will chase them away, but I don't want to wait until the end of hurricane season for that to happen.

I have encouraged people to organize for this for so long in a non violent way, also educate & be cool with out being some dick heads & the fact is, people will not do it. Everuyone talks of "If your good you'll get yours." or "Aloha." but when it comes down to it, its a mad house with no authority to controll it. Looneys run the looney bin. Localism just doesnt exist, the newer local transplants dont get it & still surf like theyre commuting from the burroughs & Manhattan cant get enough surfing off the subway. The last 2 times Ive paddled out near the main jetty, I got a damaged board & a friend or 2 who get mad becuase they say Ive dropped in on them but Ive had to in order to get a wave. Thats just the preception of the people who see the "drop in". The "Bro's" along with the DFD's & Citiots paddle battle, snake & drop in as much as anyone & after sitting in the water quietly, respectfully for an hour with out getting a wave becuase everyone and their mothers are catching waves & paddling back out right around you like your not there & claiming they have priority every set that comes in is a joke. At some point yo9u say to yourself, Enough of this, Im taking the next frickin wave becuase Ive watched the same 5 people get wave after wave while Im just chillin here waiting my turn. Then you get people shaking their heads at you, telling you about droppin in or stuffing, yelling, arguing. Sorry but its got to point where Im done with it. Sorry if this offendsd anyone but, Im gonna do what everyone else does if Im over there.

When in France. but to be honest, you guys dont see me over there hardly anymore anyway. I cant surf there with out feeling like I need to luanch a granade into the croud & I know Im not the only one, I can see it on the faces of the many people I used to surf with & have fun, now its quiet & awkward. Some people dont even say Hi to anyone anymore & just sit there all smug & still no one will do anything but whine about the problem on a message board. Sorry but dont get mad at me when I say I toldja so. Prepare, itr will be woprse next spring & the winter, dont be fooled to think when the cold water get here its gonna stop. Last yewar we had the largest winter crowds Ive ever seen here. Its gonna be the same.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 10:48:17 AM by Psycho »

jscottk

Um, is there a reason this message is posted in Spanish and Portuguese?  If there is one thing the NS3 can't handle it is the previiously discussed new crowd of super agressive "Brazilians" (who inexplicably all speak Spanish).  I nearly got into it with them on Friday morning after a lot of bullbrown trout blocking and one double-contact incident.  Fortunately my board is no collectors item.  I guess all the regulars have jobs, though, because there wasn't a single bro out there to back me up.  I'm the last guy to get involved in any kind of hassling, and I claim no more than regular status.  There is going to have to be serious regulating of some kind in the near future if this continues, though.  I'm sure the cold will chase them away, but I don't want to wait until the end of hurricane season for that to happen.

Yes there is a reason
He did not speak, not a sorry not a word, He might have been Spanish or Brazillian.
He had no idea of the damage because he did not stick around long enough to find out
And to be honest I could not even ID him again for just that reason

On the off chance that he might read this, I put it in 3 of the most common lingo spoken out there..

Offline frroK

• Local Access
  • Local Hero (Platinum)
  • Liked: 17
    • AOL Instant Messenger - frrok
    • View Profile
You gotta look for another spot especially on days like that. Too much at steak.

mmmmmmmm steak...

Offline sir_schadenfreude

• Local Access
  • Local (Gold)
  • Have you seen him?
    • View Profile

When in France. but to be honest, you guys dont see me over there hardly anymore anyway. I cant surf there with out feeling like I need to luanch a granade into the croud & I know Im not the only one, I can see it on the faces of the many people I used to surf with & have fun, now its quiet & awkward. Some people dont even say Hi to anyone anymore & just sit there all smug & still no one will do anything but whine about the problem on a message board.

LOL,  great post!  Tell me where you're surfing now and I'm there!! ;D ;D

Seriously, I agree about whining on the board--I'm the last guy to do it.  I'm not about to start with a crew of 5 or 6 guys when I don't know anyone else in the lineup, though.  While thinking the whole localism thing is stupid, you have to admit that people don't eff around at a place like steamer lane because they know there will be consequences.  As a 145 lb borderline old-guy, I really shouldn't talk brown trout.  Psycho's right, though, if the agression level rachets up much higher there is going to be an incident.

Offline Tom!

• Local Access
  • Local Hero (Platinum)
  • Airborne!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tomnqs
    • View Profile
Dont get too aggressive; remember what got jake arrested a few months ago.

When in France. but to be honest, you guys dont see me over there hardly anymore anyway. I cant surf there with out feeling like I need to luanch a granade into the croud & I know Im not the only one, I can see it on the faces of the many people I used to surf with & have fun, now its quiet & awkward. Some people dont even say Hi to anyone anymore & just sit there all smug & still no one will do anything but whine about the problem on a message board.

LOL,  great post!  Tell me where you're surfing now and I'm there!! ;D ;D

Seriously, I agree about whining on the board--I'm the last guy to do it.  I'm not about to start with a crew of 5 or 6 guys when I don't know anyone else in the lineup, though.  While thinking the whole localism thing is stupid, you have to admit that people don't eff around at a place like steamer lane because they know there will be consequences.  As a 145 lb borderline old-guy, I really shouldn't talk brown trout.  Psycho's right, though, if the agression level rachets up much higher there is going to be an incident.
Rock on Sisyphus. See you on the hill.

Offline surfnstalk

• Local Access
  • Regular (Silver)
    • View Profile
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........ ;D

elkisthebastard

jscott, how'd the repair go?

jscottk

jscott, how'd the repair go?

I have to take it out of the water for a week to let it totally dry out.
Often the heat from resin setting will turn foam brown that you did not even guess was wet.
Think old wet towel in the trunk of a car in summer time....

Offline surfnstalk

• Local Access
  • Regular (Silver)
    • View Profile
any one up for a beating??? I know I am!! ;D

Offline ward_hill

• Local Access
    • View Profile
i was out friday from 10 to around 1:30, sitting quite a ways west of the jetty, and couldn't believe the sh#t going on over there  :o