Author Topic: Newyorksurf.com  (Read 946 times)

Offline frroK

• Local Access
  • Local Hero (Platinum)
  • Liked: 17
  • Soft hated: 0
    • AOL Instant Messenger - frrok
    • View Profile
Newyorksurf.com
« on: August 15, 2005, 09:57:29 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • should be re-named to :

longbeachsurf.com

or

imanassholetroll.com

sorry no offense to the people that run it...but i think I'm tottaly over that site

Offline TropicalCreations

• Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 0
      • View Profile
      • Email
    Re: Newyorksurf.com
    « Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 10:05:52 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • cool deal the reality is this site is rockaway surf, and as you said the other site is longbeach, mtk and central are out of luck

Offline Badfish

• SFSC
    • Local (Gold)
    • Liked: 60
    • Soft hated: 2
    • The Forgotten Sandflea
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 10:22:29 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • well i surf LB so maybe it should be rockawaysurfandthepeoplewhowishtheysurfedrockoverlongbeachbutwouldratherbesurfingsomeremotepointbreakwithnooneelseout.com    just a thought....also not many people would ever type that and anyone searching on google would probably think a site with that many letters was some sort of virus
    Not to be absolutely certain is, I think, one of the essential things in rationality. - Bertrand Russell

Offline frroK

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 17
      • AOL Instant Messenger - frrok
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 10:27:03 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • cool deal the reality is this site is rockaway surf, and as you said the other site is longbeach, mtk and central are out of luck

yea I guess ...but I think that everyone that posts here are cool people and yea a lot of us are from rock...but you guys surf LB and aren't dickheads like alot of the posters on the other site...ya know...its just an automatic cool vibe here.  The whole aggro thing gets lame quick!

Offline moses_is_crowded

• Local Access
    • Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 3
    • Soft hated: 1
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 10:33:25 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • i surf LB and central so i think it should be rockawayand where moses_is_crowdedsurfs.com

when i was in the water today i was surfing with a couple of guys and we started talking and i was wondering if they post and what there screen name is....i mean if you surf LI on a regular basis you must at least have heard of these boards and lurked here or there right?

waialuasurfa

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 10:51:30 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I'd have to agree with TC. This really is more geared toward Rockaway.
     Plenty of good guys and gals on both sites in my opinion. Plenty of kooks, a-holes, etc. in both
    places(Rock and LB) but mostly pretty good peeps in the water(and in the forums). :-\

Offline Phillipine Deep

• Local Access
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 10:53:42 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • should be re-named to :

longbeachsurf.com

or

imanassholetroll.com

sorry no offense to the people that run it...but i think I'm tottaly over that site
    Get a life, do really give to shits about this stuff?

Offline srilanka

• Local Access
    • Regular (Silver)
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 11:02:36 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • ive often wondered how many people im surfing with in lb i've spoken with or know from the boards.  we should all wear our names out on our rashies on day.

im totally kidding about that, but it does make me wonder.

Psycho

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 06:16:59 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • its cool sometimes to  meet people from the boards, sometimes your shocked & sometimes you wonder why you bother with NYsurf cuz peopl are justb too aggro online. Its not fun. alotta people last night were sayin how NYSurf has given them a bad taste & are over the whole messageboard thing cuz they dont like the poeple who ruin everything but crap talkin. Ive been staying away from NYSurf. not posting over there when everyones complaining & fighting & name calling. Some poeple think its funny, I hate it. besides I know all the poepl here & If we call each other a name its becuase we always did or its fun friendly kidding. I dont wanna see my friends upset.
    « Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 06:18:30 AM by Psycho »

Offline SeaCliff

• Administrator
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 776
    • Soft hated: 35
    • Captain GoodVibes
      • AOL Instant Messenger - SurfRxNY
      • Yahoo Instant Messenger - surfrxny
      • View Profile
      • NYNJSurf.com: Surf Information for LI and the Jersey Shore...
      • Email
    « Reply #9 on: August 16, 2005, 06:43:53 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • One way or another, most everyone here owes newyorksurf a debt of gratitude...we may not even know each other if not for that site. nysc's original concept was to create a place to bring the surf community together, and to that end, it worked. I met dozens...hundreds of people, really, had some great times, and a gazillion laughs in the process..wouldn't give back any of them.

I'm glad the vibe here is good, I hope it stays this way forever. I dont want it to ever be an "us vs. them" mentality here. I'm sure their site stats are as strong as ever, and I'm sure there's a fair amount of crossover between sites. If people enjoy it here or there, it's all good..cause in the end, we all know each other that much better, and that makes (in my opinion) the lineup a better place and the sport in the region that much more fun.

For us here, yeah...we've got a very strong contingent of rock people contributing...but really, it doesnt matter if they were from Long Beach or Long Beach Island: It's the quality of people that matters. Amazingly, with only a handful of exceptions, I know virtually every registered member here, and I'm proud to call all of you my friends.

See ya out in the lineup. Well maybe not today. Today, I'm TDR.

Webmaster, NYNJSurf.com - Follow NYNJSurf on Instagram - click here ---> @NYNJSurf - Site Comments, questions or requests? Email me! [email protected]

Psycho

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005, 06:57:13 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Your right we do owe it, but I have to say its mostly becuase of you bro. You kept it going, you kept it stoked & thats why i went there. once things changed, they really changed. it def was not the same with out your intervention. its a mad house over there now. its like the soul of the old NYSurf has been extracted & injected into this site. Stoked, thats it, stoked. We had good times at NYSuirf but like an old girlfriend, you remember her boobies, the good times, ya maybe even have a momento like a t-shirt or some naked photos she left behind  but she had to go for some reason or another & the new gal is waaaayy hotter & way more fun! ;D

Offline krut

• SFSC
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 4
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: August 16, 2005, 08:40:52 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • hey dudes.

if what we dislike in the new incarnation of nys is the negativity, lets not bring it here. Why start a thread putting down another board? Not cool in my opinion.

also, why start petty rivalries? I like both sites and I read both. the majority of my friends are on this one, but there are some otheres who I really like over at nys.

I've got enough farking politics in my life, I don't need them when I go to surf message boards.

Give Respect and You'll Get Respect.

Lock this thread.

Offline SeaCliff

• Administrator
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 776
    • Soft hated: 35
    • Captain GoodVibes
      • AOL Instant Messenger - SurfRxNY
      • Yahoo Instant Messenger - surfrxny
      • View Profile
      • NYNJSurf.com: Surf Information for LI and the Jersey Shore...
      • Email
    « Reply #12 on: August 16, 2005, 08:42:18 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • hey dudes.

Give Respect and You'll Get Respect.

Lock this thread.

Good words. Done.
    Webmaster, NYNJSurf.com - Follow NYNJSurf on Instagram - click here ---> @NYNJSurf - Site Comments, questions or requests? Email me! [email protected]