Author Topic: New Surfboard and VW Beetle  (Read 155 times)

Offline carterwohl

• Liked: 0
  • Soft hated: 0
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 78.0.3904.87 Chrome 78.0.3904.87
    • View Profile
    • Email
New Surfboard and VW Beetle
« on: November 10, 2019, 03:08:34 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Yesterday was my 16th birthday and Ive been looking to buy a classic beetle. I finally found the right one and on the morning of my birthday we drove 3 hours to pick it up. Before buying the car we found out that the previous owner was including the surf board with the car. Im a VW person not a surfer so i know nothing about them. Im going to attach some pictures and im hoping you guys can help me with finding out more about the board. The previous owner said it was probably worth 300. He said he bought it at a garage sale in Cape May where he lives because he knew it would go well with the car. I dont plan to sell the board but i was wondering if i should bother with restoring it. I plan to get the car looking better so i figured i should clean the surfboard up too. What can i do to make it look better? All i know about the board is its a Gordon And Smith and is 7ft8in.

Offline carterwohl

• Liked: 0
    • Soft hated: 0
    • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
    • Browser:
    • Chrome 78.0.3904.87 Chrome 78.0.3904.87
      • View Profile
      • Email
    Re: New Surfboard and VW Beetle
    « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 03:09:30 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down

• Offline Mayday

• Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 117
    • Soft hated: 3
      • View Profile
      • Email
    New Surfboard and VW Beetle
    « Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 07:52:04 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Congrats on the car, Iím a long time vw guy too and you look like you scored w that that old beetle. The board itself looks like itís in bad shape. Looks like itís sag outside for quite some time. I wouldnít say $300, but Iíll wait for someone else to chime in to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk