Author Topic: lil help?  (Read 1357 times)

Jake

lil help?
« on: July 24, 2005, 03:55:39 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • ok i know it has nothing to do with surfboards ... but does anyone know how to do body work on cars? im gettin an 86 bronco on the road and it has some cancer ( rust ) in a few spots and i would like to get it done... so does anyone know how to weld and or bondo? thanx

Offline esa_ny

• Local Access
    • Local (Gold)
    • Liked: 0
    • Soft hated: 0
      • View Profile
    Re: lil help?
    « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 04:36:06 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • ok i know it has nothing to do with surfboards ... but does anyone know how to do body work on cars? im gettin an 86 bronco on the road and it has some cancer ( rust ) in a few spots and i would like to get it done... so does anyone know how to weld and or bondo? thanx

What,  did  you hit the lottery?  You got any clue how much gasoline those babies suck up?  Gas is very expensive right now.   :o 

Offline PlainYogurt

• SFSC
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
      • AOL Instant Messenger - Jdogg6387
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 04:47:46 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • thats what i told him but he has a good answer to that question

Offline veggielasagna

• SFSC
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 08:41:58 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I had the same question about a month ago and cologero recommended brians. think its on 98th st near the train
    I knew I would never be hard core. So I tried to be soft core. Instead, Iím just an apple core.

Jake

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 09:36:32 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • esany  it has a 351 in it  ;D    8 miles to the gallon...      yeah i wasnt askin fer a body shop  i know body shops   i was wondering if anyone knew how to do it them selvs  cuz i wanna learn...

Psycho

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 05:58:32 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down

What,† did† you hit the lottery?† You got any clue how much gasoline those babies suck up?† Gas is very expensive right now.† †:o

You aint Lyin, G'dam its like 35 beans to fill my tank now as where before 20 would do it. Sumb!tches!! 

hey Andy, if you come down round GP I know theres welding shops all over the place, If you sand the spots down & have them just tac plates over the holes, you know how to use bondo, heck I detcha you coulduse SunCure on it & just sand it flat & paint right over that shiz! ;D 

happy

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2005, 08:20:00 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • stats for 1986 Ford Bronco

MPG (city)   

MPG (highway)   

OUCH.

Jake

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2005, 08:49:59 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • yeah happy  thats a bronco  when it was new in 1986  this one gets bout 8 city and 12 highway

yeah psycho  i know theres plenty of shops to do it   i was wondering if anyone online knew how to do it...

Offline esa_ny

• Local Access
    • Local (Gold)
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: July 25, 2005, 05:03:44 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • stats for 1986 Ford Bronco

MPG (city)   

MPG (highway)   

OUCH.

I call B***S*** on those #'s.  I had an '86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer that was very similar in V8 engine and vehicle weight.  Between 8 & 10 mpg!!!   :(  Did I mention that that mileage was for normal driving.  When dropped into 4WD the mileage REALLY sucked.   I got rid of it about 6 years ago because I could not afford to keep the damn thing filled.  It was one of my all time favorite cars and it really hurt to see it go.  When I hit the lottery, I will find one and have it restored to new condition and drive the sucker 'til one of us dies.

Offline dynamite

• Local Access
    • Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 1
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: July 25, 2005, 05:13:05 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • off topic, I kind of have the same plans as you esa, that is winning the lottery
    howdy

Offline sir_schadenfreude

• Local Access
    • Local (Gold)
    • Have you seen him?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 12:08:52 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • heck I detcha you coulduse SunCure on it & just sand it flat & paint right over that shiz! ;D

I knew a guy who had an International Scout that kept fixing with spray foam and fiberglass.  Eventually the whole thing sort of looked like a model of a Scout made with modeling clay or something.  It probably would have floated if he'd ever driven it too far down the boat ramp.  It became known as The Marshmallow.

happy

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 08:36:14 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • okay, what are you doing with this Bronco Jake? you won't be able to drive it b/c A) you don't have, and sorry to bust on you here, a license and B) you can't afford to keep it gassed up, as none of us could.

maybe it is your new apartment?

Psycho

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 09:29:25 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • He's gonna smuggle drugs from here to the Canadian border.

Jake

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 09:39:58 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • shhh dont tell anyone i dont have my liscence...   im gonna drive it  and im gonna steal gass... gonna syphen it from all the cars in the parking lot...