Author Topic: Kinda fun, maybe even building a little tonight!  (Read 614 times)

Offline SeaCliff

• Administrator
  • Local Hero (Platinum)
  • Liked: 775
  • Soft hated: 35
  • Captain GoodVibes
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SurfRxNY
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - surfrxny
    • View Profile
    • NYNJSurf.com: Surf Information for LI and the Jersey Shore...
    • Email
Kinda fun, maybe even building a little tonight!
« on: August 04, 2005, 10:27:30 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Def had more fun that I expected out there tonight with frockk, Sharkbait, Tim, rockawaybum and a few other assorted regulars and guests. As it got closer towards dark, I swear I could feel something building....something...almost.. well, whatever it was, it was fun. I didnt even mind that the last two waves this nice woman on a soft-top ht me with her board.  ::)

Cmon, Harvey...show us some love. I'm cautiously optimistic that this weekend may be at least slightly better than currently billed....  ;D
    Webmaster, NYNJSurf.com - Follow NYNJSurf on Instagram - click here ---> @NYNJSurf - Site Comments, questions or requests? Email me! [email protected]

Offline Swell Killer

• SFSC
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 3
    • Soft hated: 0
    • Formerly known as Nadaman
      • AOL Instant Messenger - snobaud23
      • View Profile
      • Email
    Re: Kinda fun, maybe even building a little tonight!
    « Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 10:50:29 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I'm thinking tomorrow moring might be good.  Offshores are in the forecast.

Offline Badfish

• SFSC
    • Local (Gold)
    • Liked: 60
    • Soft hated: 2
    • The Forgotten Sandflea
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 12:34:09 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I got my ass handed to me tonight. I have no reasoning or excuse as to why these waves, which were thigh high at best, kicked the crap out of me. It took me three nosedives before I even was able to stand up on my 9"   I got beat up a few times while paddling back out, and when I actually got out and caught a wave something was always off whether it was taking the wrong line or moving too far up on the board too quickly. Amazingly, I had great fun during all of this, almost marveling at how 2 hours prior to being in the water I was talking about how much I have improved over the last year and a half and now I found myself being completly owned by series after series of small little waves.
    Not to be absolutely certain is, I think, one of the essential things in rationality. - Bertrand Russell

Offline srilanka

• Local Access
    • Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 02:18:19 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • badfish, this same thing happened to me two weeks ago, think its because i was trying to work on foot positioning but was popping up on too forward on my board.  another thing is that i was actually paddling and making the near close out waves a lot better, but they were still closeouts and i got my ass handed to me.  last week was better but i bruised a bone.  oh well, at this rate canes should be a blast!

waialuasurfa

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 09:00:54 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Some pumpable small faces into closeout schwacks in central LI last night.
    But, peeps, get ye to LBI. The sandbars are set up real nice. I caught Wed. about chest hi
    and spinning.

Offline krut

• SFSC
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 4
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 09:46:49 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • oh man!

not even a shout out from sea cliff! Just cuz I was on an 11 foot board doesn't mean I wasn't there!!!

or maybe I've been relegated to "assorted guests." Damn!

:)

Offline cubscout

• SFSC
    • Semi-Regular (Bronze)
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 10:10:38 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Def had more fun that I expected out there tonight with frockk, Sharkbait, Tim, rockawaybum and a few other assorted regulars and guests. As it got closer towards dark, I swear I could feel something building....something...almost.. well, whatever it was, it was fun. I didnt even mind that the last two waves this nice woman on a soft-top ht me with her board.  ::)

Cmon, Harvey...show us some love. I'm cautiously optimistic that this weekend may be at least slightly better than currently billed....  ;D

really glad to see that meeting went well  ;D

Offline esa_ny

• Local Access
    • Local (Gold)
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 10:18:03 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down

really glad to see that meeting went well  ;D

Busted???? ???

Offline SeaCliff

• Administrator
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 775
    • Soft hated: 35
    • Captain GoodVibes
      • AOL Instant Messenger - SurfRxNY
      • Yahoo Instant Messenger - surfrxny
      • View Profile
      • NYNJSurf.com: Surf Information for LI and the Jersey Shore...
      • Email
    « Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 01:31:11 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • oh man!

not even a shout out from sea cliff! Just cuz I was on an 11 foot board doesn't mean I wasn't there!!!

or maybe I've been relegated to "assorted guests." Damn!

:)

Hahahahaha....more than mentioned you in another thread, Kurt:
    So true about Kurt...grabbing everything in sight on the hobitron....hilarious watching the look in the eyes of some of the newbs on the inside, as he barreled towards them...hahha...very entertaining!  ;D ;D

And yeah, ESA, busted! Hahahahhaa...oh well. That's what I get for getting a laptop for her...hahahhaa...  ;D
    Webmaster, NYNJSurf.com - Follow NYNJSurf on Instagram - click here ---> @NYNJSurf - Site Comments, questions or requests? Email me! [email protected]