Author Topic: hot dogging  (Read 1449 times)

Offline Straight Dave

• Regular (Silver)
  • Liked: 22
  • Soft hated: 0
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 30.0.1599.101 Chrome 30.0.1599.101
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: hot dogging
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 02:02:55 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • ^ Hey Buzz, did you read the interview? Well balanced and rational. Nutty idea, funny execution, great wrap up.

Well not initially, but I just went back and read it. Didn't really get much from it other than he didn't realize just how little control he had over the thing and how they hadn't thought it through enough, prior to the thing turning sideways in the lip and realizing he was about to be obliterated. I didn't find the well balanced or rational part, but maybe my reading comprehension skills are slow... More to the point of why I said what I did; I first saw this as a video clip on surfline yesterday, where there's no explanation of how they came to try it- just the stunt and then him paddle surfing.
    « Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 03:29:13 PM by Straight Dave »

Offline Straight Dave

• Regular (Silver)
    • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
    • Browser:
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 03:25:48 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • you: what did you do yesterday?
    me: not to much, decided to take an inflateable tow tube out at jaws.  Got my ass handed to me but it was fun, y'know, shlts and giggles.
    you: silence, followed by the normal, are you an idiot?

end of conversation.

On what planet do you think this encourages others to do it, its like taking an inflatable dragon out at pipeline, just cuz one idiot does it, nobody will follow their lead.

Look, I'm not trying to get into an argument on an internet message board and maybe I'm just a little ragged out that I've gotten skunked on every swell for the last month. The basis of my argument is this; when you start making a mockery of big dangerous waves, you invite trouble to said waves. I don't literally mean that now every yahoo with a wave runner and inflatable pool float are going to descend on Peahi like a locust swarm.

Offline NJ Longboarder

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 36
    • Soft hated: 2
    • Windows NT 6.2 Windows NT 6.2
    • Browser:
    • Firefox 24.0 Firefox 24.0
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #17 on: October 24, 2013, 05:04:51 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • must be weird to have so many days of good waves that you get bored enough to waste time on a raft.

Online Kyle

• Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 192
    • Soft hated: 13
      • View Profile
    hot dogging
    « Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 06:16:25 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down

• you: what did you do yesterday?
    me: not to much, decided to take an inflateable tow tube out at jaws.  Got my ass handed to me but it was fun, y'know, shlts and giggles.
    you: silence, followed by the normal, are you an idiot?

end of conversation.

On what planet do you think this encourages others to do it, its like taking an inflatable dragon out at pipeline, just cuz one idiot does it, nobody will follow their lead.

Look, I'm not trying to get into an argument on an internet message board and maybe I'm just a little ragged out that I've gotten skunked on every swell for the last month. The basis of my argument is this; when you start making a mockery of big dangerous waves, you invite trouble to said waves. I don't literally mean that now every yahoo with a wave runner and inflatable pool float are going to descend on Peahi like a locust swarm.

Too late, Dave, it's WAAAAAARRR!

Actually I couldn't care less. I think it's funny. As well as the pool toy at Pipe.

Anyone who takes on 15' waves like that without forethought (on any craft) is on their own. Most ppl would agree.

I don't think that it was encouraging wreck less behavior.

In closing, Dave, I hope you get some waves soon.

Offline Straight Dave

• Regular (Silver)
    • Mac OS X Mac OS X
    • Browser:
    • Safari 5.1 Safari 5.1
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 08:46:54 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Ha! You and me both... Looks like our next glimmer of hope arrives while I'll be in Pittsburgh for work. Bleak  :-\

Offline HydroGlide

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 133
    • Soft hated: 6
    • Windows XP Windows XP
    • Browser:
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 10:51:02 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Jesus when did it become mandatory for everyone to always maximize safety for the greater good of the herd? A world heavily overpopulated by safe people would not be a great place to live (as in Soylent Green is the People).