Author Topic: geopolitics, religion, and surfing collide....  (Read 640 times)

Offline Årne Longbörgenssen

• Global Moderator
  • Local Hero (Platinum)
  • Liked: 310
  • Soft hated: 6
  • Gil wouldn't go....
    • View Profile
The energy contained in one kilogram of thorium
equals four thousand tons of coal

Offline Some people call me Maurice

• Local Access
  • Local (Gold)
  • Liked: 0
  • Soft hated: 0
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LIsurf615
    • View Profile
Re: geopolitics, religion, and surfing collide....
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 12:02:59 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • man thats too bad hate to hear wen stuff like this is goin on

Psycho

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 06:46:50 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Yeah its pretty messed up that these kids are so distressed that they feel the need to die. Its amazing to think that all of this is over land. On the other hand I know that the people they have to give there land up to have endured horrible things too. Either way both sides of the fence are frickin nuts. All this violence & all this death is becuase of mans blatent abuse of religion, Land & ego.

there is no human peace anymore. Just peaces of humans.

Offline skSURF

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 1
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 09:43:19 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Does anyone else feel we would be better off without religion. I can't stand it. I'm going to start a church of ethics. The only thing we worship is now and the reality that the only heaven will be one we make here and now. The three tenants will be respect, tolerance and service. Scratch that anything that ever gets created in the name of RIGHTEOUSNESS gets corrupted. Look at the black power movment now a black gloved fist is just a marketing gimmic to sell more t-shirts.
    Trust in the board.

• Local Access
    • Local (Gold)
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 10:35:40 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • sksurf, im an atheist but i dont necesarily feel that we wud be better off without religion. i dont like how the church teaches their actual religious beliefs, i dont believe someone should have faith outta fear that they will be sent to hell after death, but i do think that the church teaches many good ethics and morales to people everyday. they teach peace and forgivenes, which i think is great for todays society. i would think that we would be better off without all this religious hatred but the fires already started and its mostly up to the high officials of watever religions are fighting to realize that its pointless for anymore deaths to happen. i think that if people could learn these morals by themselves, there would be no need for church, but thats not gonna happen, sum people need to be told wat to do by a more "important" person, and thats why the church has to become less corupt and set a better example to its followers, as in not molesting children and not discriminating agianst gay people. until then the followers of these religions that are starting wars and discriminating against others will do the same acts of hatred that was exactly wat religion was created to stop.   being that i dont believe in god or any other things that the church (or any other religion for that matter) mite teach you, the Church of Ethics would be exactly wat i always believed in, here and now, respect everyone around you, i always believed that you shouldnt waste your time preparing for death, cause if you do guess wat man, u just wasted ur life.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it"
    "Dont take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive"

Offline skSURF

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 1
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 11:01:04 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • i do think that the church teaches many good ethics and morales to people everyday. they teach peace and forgivenes, which i think is great for todays society.

I will agree with the first part of this but, just like anything that generates so much power it has become corrupted. As for peace and forgiveness I’m not so sure. Religion is the number one killer of all time. It's only recently as modern society has tried to move away from war that crusading has become looked down upon.
    I think the ultimate problem is not religion but people. We are naturally aggressive to those on the outside. It doesn't matter what your talking about religion, countries, breaks....
    Trust in the board.

• Local Access
    • Local (Gold)
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 11:11:16 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • ur rite about that but i do think that they teach people peace and forgiveness, its just that they are hypocrites and thats wat the major problem is. they try and teach those things but they go out and crusade and dicriminate. theyre hypocracy is unbelieveable and those mixed signals that they send is where the true problems lie

"religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. now you talk about a good bullbrown trout story, HOLY SHIIT"
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 11:21:18 AM by pass the stoke »

jscottk

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 04:57:25 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Does anyone out there actually see any purpose that 10-12 kids drowning themselves might serve?  Does anyone really think that it might in anyway affect the resulting negotiations over that damned strip of land.  If not then I will just say it, Effing stupid, stupid thing to do, stupid to even give them them the attention and press.

Side note: I will hazard to take a guess that anyone willing to die for a strip of land is also willing to kill for a strip of land, no sympathy, none from me.