Author Topic: Free fishing gear  (Read 433 times)

Offline nose_manual

• Regular (Silver)
  • Liked: 46
  • Soft hated: 0
  • Mac OS X 10.6 Mac OS X 10.6
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 19.0 Firefox 19.0
    • View Profile
Free fishing gear
« on: February 28, 2013, 10:24:27 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I am in the process of cleaning out my place for an upcoming move, and I need to unload some fishing gear.  I'd rather give it away to people who can use it than try to sell it.  It's all stuff that I scored from my friend's grandfather's house in Bradley Beach--she let me come in and take any of his stuff that I wanted, so I took way more than I can use because I'm totally sentimental and I didn't want it to get thrown out.  He was an old school fisherman and had some cool old rods and reels, mostly lighter saltwater stuff but I think a couple of surfcasting reels and maybe one or two lighter surfcasting rods. 

Everything would be available for pickup in Brooklyn, or we could try to arrange a time for me to drop off in Rock when I'm out there next, which hopefully will be this weekend for a mini-wave log session.

Let me know.  Everything is in good working condition, but could probably use some tuning up or something.  I probably have about 5-6 reels and maybe 2-3 rods, plus some random tackle.  If you're interested in specifics, please pm me.

Offline ArchySwashbuckle

• Local (Gold)
    • Liked: 56
    • Soft hated: 2
    • Browser:
    • Firefox 18.0 Firefox 18.0
      • View Profile
    Re: Free fishing gear
    « Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 10:27:33 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • PM'ed
    "Waves are the ultimate illusion. They come out of nowhere, instantaneously materialize and just as quickly they break and vanish. Chasing after such fleeting mirages is a complete waste of time. That is what I chose to do with my life." Dora

Offline surf dad

• Liked: 0
    • Mac OS X Mac OS X
    • Browser:
    • Mozilla compatible Mozilla compatible
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 10:39:16 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • My family are big fisher people. I'd live the opportunity to carry on the legacy of your friend's father's equipment.
    Where can I find you?
    I am in the process of cleaning out my place for an upcoming move, and I need to unload some fishing gear.  I'd rather give it away to people who can use it than try to sell it.  It's all stuff that I scored from my friend's grandfather's house in Bradley Beach--she let me come in and take any of his stuff that I wanted, so I took way more than I can use because I'm totally sentimental and I didn't want it to get thrown out.  He was an old school fisherman and had some cool old rods and reels, mostly lighter saltwater stuff but I think a couple of surfcasting reels and maybe one or two lighter surfcasting rods. 

Everything would be available for pickup in Brooklyn, or we could try to arrange a time for me to drop off in Rock when I'm out there next, which hopefully will be this weekend for a mini-wave log session.

Let me know.  Everything is in good working condition, but could probably use some tuning up or something.  I probably have about 5-6 reels and maybe 2-3 rods, plus some random tackle.  If you're interested in specifics, please pm me.

Offline nose_manual

• Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 46
    • Browser:
    • Firefox 19.0 Firefox 19.0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 10:51:37 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • ^I'm in Brooklyn on Sterling Place between Washington and Underhill.