Author Topic: Addressing the recent rash of spam on the forums  (Read 225 times)

Offline SeaCliff

• Administrator
  • Local Hero (Platinum)
  • Liked: 774
  • Soft hated: 35
  • Captain GoodVibes
  • Mac OS X 10.14.4 Mac OS X 10.14.4
  • Browser:
  • Safari 12.1 Safari 12.1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SurfRxNY
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - surfrxny
    • View Profile
    • NYNJSurf.com: Surf Information for LI and the Jersey Shore...
    • Email
Addressing the recent rash of spam on the forums
« on: June 20, 2019, 02:06:06 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • First - my apologies to all users for the recent spate of spam posts a that have occurred in recent weeks, and the terrible spate of them we suffered about 2 weeks ago now. I especially want to apologize to our followers on Twitter and Facebook who periodically have had to deal with literally dozens of spam posts from here showing up on their facebook and twitter feeds. I truly apologize.

So - I have taken several steps to keep spammers and spam bots from registering on here and successfully posting. I will not mention specifics, as I don't want to provide a roadmap for getting around the firewalls, so to speak - but I will ask a favor of all of you:

If someone or some bot DOES successfully break through and post a spam post, please please PLEASE send me a quick email at [email protected] or, if you have my cell, shoot me a quick text? I will address it as quickly as I humanly can and I will look at it to find out where the hole in defense is, and close it up.

Thanks for your understanding and assistance, and again my apologies!
    Webmaster, NYNJSurf.com - Follow NYNJSurf on Instagram - click here ---> @NYNJSurf - Site Comments, questions or requests? Email me! [email protected]

Offline UNCLE!!

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 33
    • Soft hated: 2
    • local riff raff
    • Mac OS X 10.11.6 Mac OS X 10.11.6
    • Browser:
    • Safari 11.1.2 Safari 11.1.2
      • View Profile
    Re: Addressing the recent rash of spam on the forums
    « Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 11:10:50 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Thanks Seacliff! 10 days late on my part.......!
    Foamies are the new black