Author Topic: 4x4 access  (Read 11492 times)

Offline Jaxson_Dobbs

• Semi-Regular (Bronze)
  • Liked: 4
  • Soft hated: 0
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 4x4 access
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2017, 10:06:49 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Sure, in a perfect world you can surf within sight of your truck. The real question I have is, how can Surfers organize to intiate change? I think its BS that any shmuck with a fishing pole can trounce down to the Inlet, but real beach respecting surfers are denied access.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

Offline Kdropin

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 93
    • Soft hated: 9
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #76 on: June 22, 2017, 10:35:14 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Sure, in a perfect world you can surf within sight of your truck. The real question I have is, how can Surfers organize to intiate change? I think its BS that any shmuck with a fishing pole can trounce down to the Inlet, but real beach respecting surfers are denied access.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk
    I'm not talking about surfing.. I'll hike to surf... I dont love shleping two kids and beach gear for them through the dunes of I can just drop it next to my truck.. There are other options to go to.. There's no beach left burmas to narrow.. They're not going to cut out dunes just for people to walk through them.. I just hope it stays open to keep crowds west and east of there thinner

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline Jaxson_Dobbs

• Semi-Regular (Bronze)
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #77 on: June 23, 2017, 06:02:39 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I agree Burma is too narrow and they probably won't cut it. But why are Fishermen granted access to Moriches Inlet? Why not just close Burma Rd too?

Sent from my F3113 using Tapatalk

Offline podge387

• Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 16
    • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
    • Browser:
    • Chrome 58.0.3029.110 Chrome 58.0.3029.110
      • View Profile
    « Reply #78 on: June 26, 2017, 09:24:30 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Agree fully on the  access, one huge problem on that beach is the crowd. Way to many people drinking too much, making a mess. Honestly have no problem with the regualtions if they followed through. Allowing access to only fishermen, and stopping a surfer from enjoying a nice break; Yet you can blast wbli, brown trout all over the sand and leave bud light calorie water all over the beach, the county needs to get there stuff together. Honestly set up a Dwi checkpoint when you are airing up see how fast the beach cleans up. It honestly a joke, saw a fist fight out there two weeks ago cops everywhere. But yea don let me drive down to surf with my fishing pole, and cup of coffee.

Not to mention that break was very very good about a decade ago, now, has to be right tide, right swell...

Offline Jaxson_Dobbs

• Semi-Regular (Bronze)
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #79 on: April 22, 2018, 10:37:49 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Restructuring an old thread to ask a question. Do you guys think I should undercoat my truck before taking it out on the beach? I was all set to take on this small project until some guys talked me out of it. I figured it would be great to prevent rusting, but they say, "Not so much, just rinse well after the beach. The undercoating will just trap salt." Idk about that. Any of you 4x4 Enthusiasts want to chime in with your experience here? I'd greatly appreciate it, as I'm still on the fence. I just know I won't be able to wash it all the time...

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Offline Kdropin

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #80 on: April 22, 2018, 11:11:26 AM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Restructuring an old thread to ask a question. Do you guys think I should undercoat my truck before taking it out on the beach? I was all set to take on this small project until some guys talked me out of it. I figured it would be great to prevent rusting, but they say, "Not so much, just rinse well after the beach. The undercoating will just trap salt." Idk about that. Any of you 4x4 Enthusiasts want to chime in with your experience here? I'd greatly appreciate it, as I'm still on the fence. I just know I won't be able to wash it all the time...

I almost did it with my new truck... decides against it for the same reason you mentioned.  I was afraid of catching salt under and doing more damage then good...  guys put on a annual oil based coating dont know what it called.. I'm just going to run a hose or sprinkler under after each run on the beach..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline navara

• Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 21
    • Soft hated: 1
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #81 on: April 22, 2018, 08:16:25 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • I use rustoleum rust converter. I do the entier under body 2x a year and touch up areas as needed. It sprays on flat black. The undercaoting holds sand in the trxtured finish and is a pain in the ass if you end up having to do any floor board repair.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline Jaxson_Dobbs

• Semi-Regular (Bronze)
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #82 on: April 23, 2018, 06:01:56 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Thanks for your input guys. I'll look into the rust-converter stuff and try to rinse after beaching. Guess I'll skip the undercoating...

Offline Ohana

• Liked: 3
    • Mac OS X 10.13.1 Mac OS X 10.13.1
    • Browser:
    • Safari 11.0.1 Safari 11.0.1
      • View Profile
    « Reply #83 on: April 23, 2018, 08:49:21 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • FWIW - A lot of Toyota Tacoma guys swear by Fluid Film - its oil / wax based that you spray on once or twice a year - it creeps into all the seams / crevices - I've used it for the last three years = zero rust.  It does smell for a few days though. Takes about 4 cans to do my truck.

Offline Kdropin

• Local Access
    • Local Hero (Platinum)
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #84 on: April 23, 2018, 09:07:38 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • FWIW - A lot of Toyota Tacoma guys swear by Fluid Film - its oil / wax based that you spray on once or twice a year - it creeps into all the seams / crevices - I've used it for the last three years = zero rust.  It does smell for a few days though. Takes about 4 cans to do my truck.
    Yeah that's the one

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline navara

• Regular (Silver)
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #85 on: April 23, 2018, 10:43:58 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
    Everything sticks to it though. Doesnt sand end up getting caked on? I'd use it in places sand cant get to like inside rocker panels and behind fender well liners but not in any place that gets bombarded by sand.

Offline Ohana

• Liked: 3
    • Mac OS X 10.13.1 Mac OS X 10.13.1
    • Browser:
    • Safari 11.0.1 Safari 11.0.1
      • View Profile
    « Reply #86 on: April 24, 2018, 01:23:25 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • yeah - after the initial spraying everything does stick, but after you hose it down a couple of times the excess eventually washes off, but the metal is still protected - i.e. you can still see the water continue to bead up - it soaks into the metal.  You just have to re-appy once or twice a year.  I usually do a thorough job before winter, and a lighter / touch-up application in the spring.

Offline Patches O'houlihan

• Local (Gold)
    • Liked: 77
    • Soft hated: 7
    • Mac OS X Mac OS X
    • Browser:
    • Safari 11.0 Safari 11.0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #87 on: April 24, 2018, 04:34:48 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • The winter is the real killer here for cars.

Offline navara

• Regular (Silver)
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #88 on: April 24, 2018, 09:54:50 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • yeah - after the initial spraying everything does stick, but after you hose it down a couple of times the excess eventually washes off, but the metal is still protected - i.e. you can still see the water continue to bead up - it soaks into the metal.  You just have to re-appy once or twice a year.  I usually do a thorough job before winter, and a lighter / touch-up application in the spring.
    Ok ill have to give it a shot.

Offline navara

• Regular (Silver)
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #89 on: April 24, 2018, 09:56:31 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Another thing i tried this past fall was salt neutralize..er. I got it at west marine. Basically fill a spray bottle and go to town. No long term results yet