Author Topic: costa rica recommendations?  (Read 220 times)

Offline jonathan

• Liked: 0
  • Soft hated: 0
  • It's not a tragedy to die doing what you love.
    • View Profile
costa rica recommendations?
« on: January 14, 2008, 05:19:15 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • hey guys,

my girlfriend and i want to head to down to CR for the first time.  i'm not going to mess with trying to bring boards.  will just rent while there.  so i have 2 main questions:

1)  my gf doesn't surf, and wants to do spa type stuff while I surf during the day.  any recommendation on a place to stay that has enough to do for a non-surfer and yet is still close to some good (better than usual for around here) waves?

2)  what's the best airline to fly down there?  does anybody fly non-stop from jfk to CR?

thanks in advance for any help!  good rides to everyone.
    jonathan

elkisthebastard

Re: costa rica recommendations?
    « Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 01:23:06 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • pm me.  I have a few friends there that are professional therapeutic masseuses and can give you the run down on the spas in the area. 

Also, I know people are going to make fun of me for saying this, but if your girl doesn't surf you'll want to stay in Jaco for a day or two.  The surf there is basically the bunny slope of CR, but it's way better than here and there's tons of touristy things to do around there: ie - - zip line tours, hang gliding tours, decent restaurants and plenty of crap tourist nik-nak shops.

Offline Crackie Onassis

• Local Hero (Platinum)
    • Liked: 206
    • Soft hated: 13
    • Are you down with the people?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 02:34:22 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Sounds like you're going to Tamarindo.

So heavy you can't even pick it up.

Offline jboe

• Local Access
    • Regular (Silver)
    • Liked: 0
    • Soft hated: 0
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 10:46:22 PM »
  • Go Up
  • Go Down
  • Spa: nothing wrong with Punta Islita.  (Guanacaste, east of Carillo, north of Malpais/ST).  Camaronal is ten minutes away.  Bring your platinum titanium card.

Equally damaging to your credit score, the massages etc doled out at Florblanca in Santa Teresa can keep your GF occupied, and plenty of restaurants etc to keep you occupied too.

Lastly, never been there, but the three ring circus going on at the Marriott at that huge development on the central coast (the one with the marina, etc don't know why I'm blanking on the name) must have some serious spa stuff going on.  Wait - Los Suenos is it.

Blame me when you're broke.