Author Topic: Danny Hess Wooden Surfboard / The Box / 5'9" !!! Super Rare on used local market !!!  (Read 319 times)

Offline cydest

• Liked: 1
  • Soft hated: 0
  • Mac OS X 10.13 Mac OS X 10.13
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 58.0 Firefox 58.0
    • View Profile
When was the last time you saw a Danny Hess wooden board for sale locally, w/o having to pay the shipping fees out of Danny's shop in SF ? Here's your chance to grab a gorgeous board by Danny at a great price !

This board has been surfed 1-2 times, I am reducing my quiver. Mint condition. The wood grain may make it look heavy, but it's featherlight, glides into waves with little effort (super floaty), and gets up on rail like a champ. And it will do all those things for years, thanks to the bulletproof construction.

5'9" x 21.25" x 2.5" . EPS foam, bio resin, walnut deck and optional carbon rails ($20/ft extra). Creatures tail pad installed. Slight reddish hue on bottom, which happens with his bio resin. 

Sold at Pilgrim for $1'150 + taxes. I am offering that board for $800 FIRM and I include a board sock to protect that jewel. I am not desperate to sell, so NO LOWBALLING please.

From Danny Hess: "The Box is a deconstructed high performance shortboard. Inspired by The Peanut Shark laydowns I make, the futuristic planing hulls of Daniel Thompson and the Mach- 77 Morey Boogie that started my love of surfing. This Design is made to really generate speed and fly in smaller to medium size surf. I've added a bit of entry and tail rocker to allow the Box to be put through much tighter turns than expected of wider tail designs. Bottom: V to deep  double concave running through the tail V."

Please TEXT me at 646.961.0751 as I do not read / access my emails on a daily basis.

Pickup during the week in UWS (100's).

Offline cydest

• Browser:
  • Firefox 59.0 Firefox 59.0
    • View Profile

Offline cydest